Extended Warranty: Good Call..!

Kuro

Folks :)

After having my MI light diagnosed as being both rear o2 sensors, I'm pretty happy about my £499 two year extended warranty - apparently the bill would have been £283+ VAT :scare:

This is my third o2 sensor so far, the first being a front, right bank. I'm guessing that the front left bank is next :)

Extended warranty's heartily recommended :)

My Nissan warranty ends in March 2008 and i was thinking about extending it. Are you saying that it cost you only £499 to extend it for 2years or is that per annum, who's it with and what's excluded? Cheers

My Nissan warranty ends in March 2008 and i was thinking about extending it. Are you saying that it cost you only £499 to extend it for 2years or is that per annum, who's it with and what's excluded? Cheers

Yes, that was for two years - I'm covered to March 2009.

It's with my local dealership Chorley Nissan, and is exactly the same as the manufacturer warranty, aside from it's much cheaper of course. Strangely ( and in stark contrast to Nissan GB ) the warranty prices are the same across the board, in other words a two year extension for a Micra would also be £499.

Although initially sceptical I know from experience with the Scooby that the occasional sensor, be it o2, MAF, MAP or whatever can mean fairly expensive repairs.

The claim process was exactly the same too, very simple, 1 signature and that was that.

K (waiting for o2 left bank to fail!)