Bolt on turbo kit?

Far2lively

Depends what's in the kit and the quality of those parts. Stock engine can take a low boost bolt on provided there's no underlying issues.

If I bought a well known kit and took the car to around 380-400bhp would there be any problems do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you looking at this one?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4af0ecfd20

Which looks like an ebay.com

http://www.ebay.com/...bo kit&_sacat=0

copy of the Turbonetics kit

https://www.treadsto... 350Z Turbo Kit

It does not seem to be common in the UK, seems to get mixed reviews in the US, and slated a lot for pipe quality/failure, turbo quality/failure and lots of heat protection for OEM components needed.

It is "cheap" so will also have failures from people doing other things cheap which contribute to failure.

What were you planning on doing for mapping?

Depends what's in the kit and the quality of those parts. Stock engine can take a low boost bolt on provided there's no underlying issues.

If I bought a well known kit and took the car to around 380-400bhp would there be any problems do you think?

Yes. 'They' say 450 flywheel horsepower is about the limit on standard internals. My engine lost a bearing at 431bhp but I'm suspecting this was my fault.

You may have issues with kits developed in the US as they are designed for lhd, mostly issues with fouling the steering column on the right hand side.

Sadly there is no cheap solution, best keep a look out for 2nd hand supercharger or turbo kit.

Mine came off a LHD. Just raise the engine mounts 10mm with spacers. Job done.

Yes. 'They' say 450 flywheel horsepower is about the limit on standard internals. My engine lost a bearing at 431bhp but I'm suspecting this was my fault.

Why do you think it was your fault

Oil got a weeeeeee bit low :(

Oil got a weeeeeee bit low :(

Ah yeahhhhhhh that will do it