Bad engine noise, any ideas?

Matty_P

Just to let you know, Sly from Kaizer fixed my car. It was some contaminants in the oil, stopping some oil getting to variable valve timing components.

Sly put some engine flush and changed the oil and oil filter and problem solved.

I just want to say Its great to find a technician who is so highly qualified, knowledgable, fairly priced and explain things to you properly, so thank you for the recommendation.

• Like 5

Just to let you know, Sly from Kaizer fixed my car. It was some contaminants in the oil, stopping some oil getting to variable valve timing components.

Sly put some engine flush and changed the oil and oil filter and problem solved.

I just want to say Its great to find a technician who is so highly qualified, knowledgable, fairly priced and explain things to you properly, so thank you for the recommendation.

Was going to suggest, sounds like there's no oil at the top, something blocking it, oil pressure low.

Glad you went to Sly and it's all sorted out at a resonable cost, by somebody that knows Nissan engines inside out.

Was going to suggest, sounds like there's no oil at the top, something blocking it, oil pressure low.

Glad you went to Sly and it's all sorted out at a resonable cost, by somebody that knows Nissan engines inside out.

Sounds like this chap is worth a visit When needed :)

Surely hearing a noise like your describing has done irevesable damage??

We thought that it was something that would be expensive too. Sly said that it was the variable valve timing trying to repatedly operate against the spring pressure, but the blockage was preventing it. The car runs exactly as it did before the noise.

To say that he is reasonable with his charges is an understatement! He was great at explaining what the problem was too.

Tim (Matt's Dad) :)