Sticking throttle ?? Mine appears to be anyway...

Nigelp

Has anyone else made any progress with this issue?

I cleaned out the throttle body last weekend and it hasn't made any noticable difference to the sticky throttle problem.

I did a bit of searching on YouTube earlier and found this clip of a Zed Reving from idle.

Is this the same for everyone else ... When I rev it's not as smooth as that when the rev's are dropping...

I'm try and get a video later and post it up ...

hmmm when you say sticky does that mean it stops at lets say 1200k then dip down to 800-900?

The sticky throttle I get while I'm driving and changing gear etc and I also get the issue you described above when the rev's are dropping ... I'm guessing that they are related ...

Here's a video I took earlier of my Rev counter while stationary:

:thumbs:

Right update on mine.

Got it back into Nissan today after the petrol treatment didn't work.They told me it is running lean and that all 4 oxygen sensors are not switching giving error code PO300.They seem to think wiring fault.

Its booked in next fri so they can put consult 3 on it.

Right update on mine.

Got it back into Nissan today after the petrol treatment didn't work.They told me it is running lean and that all 4 oxygen sensors are not switching giving error code PO300.They seem to think wiring fault.

Its booked in next fri so they can put consult 3 on it.

:scare: you seem to have a few mods, you dont think you should take it to an uprev tuner for a health check? :thumbs:

No.

Most of my mods are cosmetic.Exhaust is after these so that wont affect them,air intake and MREV2 plenum wont do anything to these.They did ask if i had anything done to the ecu so i think they are satisfied that its nothing to do with my mods.

Well wouldnt want to see you waste monies going to them that all... mods breating easier 'should' make it leaner...

I raised this as a problem on another thread. I have had the same problem on an 06 Zed with Uprev engine. Modern day cars don't produce much carbon and run extremely clean so cleaning the throttle body will be a complete waste of time. I think the problem is in the engine management software. Just had my car remapped by Abbey and the problem nowhere near as bad as it was but it if I was being fussy it is still not 100% perfect. Mark is going to datalog my car's ecu and see if there is anything that can be done about it. I also have a 3.2 Boxster S (my summer car) and the mapping on that car is superb. It runs like a dream and you can get super smooth gear changes all the time. Revs drop exactly as they should when you come off the gas.

P.S. that fuel cleaner is also a waste of time and money as it won't do a thing to address this problem. If you want to clean the injectors they have to be taken out of the engine and put in a special cleaning machine. I also doubt the Nissan dealers will be able to fix this problem because they won't know how if its in the mapping. I also think (as Mark at Abbey suggested) that it is something to do with the anti stall map.

You Are wrong about cleaning the tb, they get dirty

The minute amount of dirt build up will not cause a problem, plus you can potentially do more harm than good by taking the throttle body apart. If you are getting a large amount of dirt build up then your air filter is not filtering properly or your engine internals (valves and valve guides, or pistons and rings) are worn.

You Are wrong about cleaning the tb, they get dirty

The minute amount of dirt build up will not cause a problem, plus you can potentially do more harm than good by taking the throttle body apart. If you are getting a large amount of dirt build up then your air filter is not filtering properly or your engine internals (valves and valve guides, or pistons and rings) are worn.

mmm not sure but think the Z throws back quite a lot of oil after hefty revving (inspired driving) Installed an Oil catch can a while back to catch anything going into the plenum chamber itself. Looking at getting one for the intake side also since my Z seem to suffer a bit from this. Did a compression test and got 12.5 on all cylinders bar one that shown 12...so all good there. The filter is cleaning as it should so not worried there.

• 2 weeks later...

clarkie34,

Have you had any news on your Zed from Nissan?

I recently drove another members Zed and checked the Rev behaviour and it was much smoother than mine when dropping ...

I also noticed that his revs at idle were quite a bit lower than mine ...

:thumbs:

Yeah mate went in last fri.They have told me to first get rid of the short ram intake as its causing it to run hot.So as it stands i am now waiting for a new intake,bought the ARC super induction box and pipe but will take about 2 weeks to get here.

See what happens after that.

mmm not sure but think the Z throws back quite a lot of oil after hefty revving (inspired driving) Installed an Oil catch can a while back to catch anything going into the plenum chamber itself. Looking at getting one for the intake side also since my Z seem to suffer a bit from this. Did a compression test and got 12.5 on all cylinders bar one that shown 12...so all good there. The filter is cleaning as it should so not worried there.

When you say your Z throws back quite a lot of oil - do you mean you are burning oil?

When you say your Z throws back quite a lot of oil - do you mean you are burning oil?

No not burning... well its burning when it goes into the intake chamber down to the pistons and mixing with the air before combusting on the top of the piston.

No not burning... well its burning when it goes into the intake chamber down to the pistons and mixing with the air before combusting on the top of the piston.

Sorry, I am still not sure what you mean when you say it throws back oil - the thread mentions the throttle body getting dirty and the comment "your Z throws back oil" was made. If it throws back oil to the throttle body then it will be burning it along with the air and fuel and you will be having to top up the oil level. The only other explanation I can see is that it is your crankcase breather is venting into the inlet manifold/plenum. Unless this is blocked or restricted in some way you should not be getting any oil in the plenum or the throttle body.

Sorry, I am still not sure what you mean when you say it throws back oil - the thread mentions the throttle body getting dirty and the comment "your Z throws back oil" was made. If it throws back oil to the throttle body then it will be burning it along with the air and fuel and you will be having to top up the oil level. The only other explanation I can see is that it is your crankcase breather is venting into the inlet manifold/plenum. Unless this is blocked or restricted in some way you should not be getting any oil in the plenum or the throttle body.

it's the breather on either the plenum side or the air intake side that's throwing some oil back into the air mixture.

:dummy: Mine has a bit of a problem with the left hand side valve cover (leaking a bit) too.

Thought it was a normal thing with the Z to be honest....

• 2 weeks later...

So did any of you get round the problem of the revs rising when the clutch is dipped (at speed)?

Mine seemed to be climbing by about 200rpms when i dipped the clutch to change up this morning. Foot deffinately off throttle. I also think that it did not happen if i took my foot off the throttle and waited a couple of seconds before depressing the clutch... does anyone else find this?