Slave cylinde change

Alex350z

Takes 20minutes (hour or so first time)

Jack the car up, go under passenger side,

Locate the slave or line to follow to slave.

Disconnect both,

Swap over

Job done.

Couple of bolts to undo, that is all.

Tricky part is not letting the clutch fluid drain out.

It's the bleeding that takes the longest part.

Ive done the bleeding part and swapped the fluid before. Its just i read somewhere about disconnecting the clutch pedal inside the car which i couldnt understand? If its just a case of swapping them over, thats fine.

Cheers

Another issue... Now its all fitted the clutch pedal wont go stiff, for some reason it seems like fluid isnt getting to the slave? :(

Probably not bleeding it properly they can be a PITA.

Power bleeders do not work well on them and if all the fluid ran out during the change they can be stubborn to get going again.

Two tips for you to try -

1. Using the traditional one in the car one underneath use a small pry bar or large screwdriver to hold the clutch lever forwards loosen the bleed nipple get your mate to slowly press the clutch tighten the nipple get him to release the clutch (usually need a bit of wire under the pedal to pull it up) Repeat a good few times DO NOT LET THE FLUID RUN OUT IN THE RESERVOIR!

Try the clutch again.

2. If you have some pressure in the pedal wedge the pedal hard down (bit of wood and electric seats help here) leave over night - try bleeding again in the morning and see if it improves.

Good Luck :thumbs:

Another issue... Now its all fitted the clutch pedal wont go stiff, for some reason it seems like fluid isnt getting to the slave? :(

Probably not bleeding it properly they can be a PITA.

Power bleeders do not work well on them and if all the fluid ran out during the change they can be stubborn to get going again.

Two tips for you to try -

1. Using the traditional one in the car one underneath use a small pry bar or large screwdriver to hold the clutch lever forwards loosen the bleed nipple get your mate to slowly press the clutch tighten the nipple get him to release the clutch (usually need a bit of wire under the pedal to pull it up) Repeat a good few times DO NOT LET THE FLUID RUN OUT IN THE RESERVOIR!

Try the clutch again.

2. If you have some pressure in the pedal wedge the pedal hard down (bit of wood and electric seats help here) leave over night - try bleeding again in the morning and see if it improves.

Good Luck :thumbs:

I dont think the fluid ever ran out. Ill have a go!

Cheers

You can get fluid past the air lock - so it will pour fluid but not enough pressure - also you can have just air in the cylinder itself.

The pin looks OK in the picture if that helps :shrug:

• Like 1

The pedal is starting to come back, going to leave it for tonight and carry on tomorrow. Its basically soft and then goes hard towards the end... Must still be some air trapped?

Thanks for the help :)

Try jamming the pedal down - honestly it does work :thumbs:

• Like 1

The pedal is starting to come back, going to leave it for tonight and carry on tomorrow. Its basically soft and then goes hard towards the end... Must still be some air trapped?

Is it a must? I have someone coming to detail the car tomorrow so id rather not leave a big wedge in the way ;)

Is it a must? I have someone coming to detail the car tomorrow so id rather not leave a big wedge in the way ;)

Just saying it helps :)

See how it goes tomorrow.

Took me about 20 attempts of opening the bleed nipple, resetting pedal etc.

Least you have pressure. I had to blow down the clutch fluid bottle :lol:

#teamtarmac

OMG - The replies I could write to that Grundy :lol:

:thumbs:

• Like 2

didnt realise how easy this is!! can you do this job without a full bleed? just replace, pump and top up?

Id definitely say you need to bleed it properly after, mine had no pressure at all. Although i did lose a fair bit of fluid. :)
  • Like 1