Door reflectors on import

janz70

• 1 year later...

only just noticed yesterday. got out of my mates golf and noticed that they looked pretty good lit up so checked mine. glad there not just broke but would definitely look better if they did light up!

Ive been told i should do this when changing the dial /door/AC LED's. I shal guineu pig myself have no worries *searches for guinea pig with superman cape smiley*

*crudely draws one*

[attachment=0]Gpig.JPG[/attachment]

Ive been told i should do this when changing the dial /door/AC LED's. I shal guineu pig myself have no worries *searches for guinea pig with superman cape smiley*

*crudely draws one*

[attachment=0]Gpig.JPG[/attachment]

Compared to doing the LED swap, this one will be dead easy ;)

Yep, supposed to be very easy! I belive that the cable you need to tap into that leads to the dome is on the passanger side!

Whilst your at it you could splice in for some footwell lights and also some nice puddle lights under the mirrors for guiding you to the car!

If you do, please do a detailed how to so I can follow it!!

ROFL! :lol::lol::lol:

ok so i have a to do list now :scare:

im not a great fan of footwell lights really. they are set to only come on when the light on the ceiling is illuminated?

puddle lights though... now were talking!!!

i wonder if the dome lights (the ones on the ceiling?) light up when you unlock the car. im off to check...

EDIT: cant spell

• 2 weeks later...

Simples guys, just use the earth off the door pin so when door opens it completes circuit, light comes on as this is the earth for dome light, and 12v supply from window actuator. That doesnt mean it works when you operate window LOL. If you tap it off before the switch and same with earth, tap off before otherwise permenantly on! So..... constant 12V supply and earth when door opens off door pin, window motor circuit unaffected as the LED'S require milli amps and the motor will work as normal not affecting LED'S as its in parallel, only if the motor was to draw too much current would it stop lights from working, as this would rupture fuse. Just the same as tapping a supply off in your house. Havent done yet but will shortly aswell as headlights R8 style and why the door is off, the cup holder lights will also be changed to LED'S.

Had a thought though..... The only disruption to the passenger door could be the window lock from drivers side, think the car has that but not sure if that removes earth to prevent operation or removes the supply?