UK VS Import?

Ash87

My jdm had a speed chip converter which also delimited it, the chip played up so swapped it out for uk clocks and still no limit.

The only converter i could find for the 350z was this one (also delimits) http://www.svaspeedo...oduct_info.html

Perhaps the advise would be to the op, check/ask how its been converted so you can be sure :)

curious did you digital read out in mph or KPH

as mine is in MPH but still displaying the KPH letters

Mine was fairly decent spec, Manual box, Brembo's Full Birds eye Satnav (Great for sushi in Tokyo but useless in UK) but still works fine. Also had Fujitsubo exhaust fitted. I didn't like the cloth seats so had a leather re-trim. Triple gauges an in kmh and there is no time clock function. Be aware you can plug and play into a set of UK Triple gauges to get the mph and the time clock will flash and not display correctly. If wanted then you must also swap in a heater brain. Its a pretty easy job just the connectors are a PITA and also put 18" Rays on as 17" was hitting too many speed bumps.

There is also a nifty trick on the mirrors which dip when reverse is engaged - although mine don't ! Never been able to find the fuse/relay for it and have checked them all ( answers on a postcard !)

IMO it's all subjective - I have tried to celebrate the "JDMness" of mine part from kmh cant handle that ! - I have a quite a few Jap Service stickers going on and plastic buttons in Japanese and all adds character

Pop in a Domo Kun and she's sweet as a nut

Ash, mine is an import so lets settle a few points:

1. Mine is a 2002 model, imported in 2007, and it's the lower tax bracket.

2. It has everything a UK gt has except cruise control.

3. If you shop around the insurance is no dearer.

4. The underneath is like new.

5. Mine had an "up-rev" so it is now capable of supposedly 170+ mph.

6. If you want an auto you have to buy an import :teeth: