my thoughts after driving my Roadster for just under a week.

Nigelp

After having it for a few days, I`ve found a few things I really like and a few i`d prefer to change.

PLUS.

The engine noise, its just fabulous

Ride, suprisingly supple and comfortable considering how well it handles

Back steps out with little provocation allowing small drifts at the exit of most roundabouts before the electronics kick in

Quiet when cruising

Heated leather seats

It looks great with the roof down (IMO)

Great stereo

Economy as expected, which considering my heavy right foot was pleasing

MINUS

Non reach adjustable steering

Seat seems a little too high for me and wont lower enough (i`m 6`1")

Tyres are poor, break away far too easily, but I understand everyone says this with the stock Bridgestones.

Back steps out with little provocation allowing small drifts at the exit of most roundabouts before the electronics kick in

Occasionally become self conscious with roof down

Fuel filler cap doesnt seem to fit flush with the body

Agree with most bud. Get rid of the Bridgestone run flats, big improvement and gives confidence. Well documented on here but cant be stressed enough. You will see what we mean when you get to play with them off the wheel.

You can get away with the roof down thing IMO because most people dont know what it is. Wouldnt apply ( again IMO) in certain other soft tops.

Enjoy bud. :D

Back steps out with little provocation allowing small drifts at the exit of most roundabouts before the electronics kick in .

Is this a plus or a minus or both as you put it?? ;):lol:

BOTH :lol: Sometimes it happens when i`m not really expecting it, but only very occasionally, the roads are pretty bad at this time of year which doesnt help, me wanting to hear the engine note and putting my foot down may be another contributing factor too ;)

I know the tyres are poor, I had them on my Mazda 6 (RE050`s), they were the same, i`ve got Eagle F1`s on that now and they are far better. I`ll change them when they are worn out, cant really justify changing them for the sake of it right now.

The only other thing I`m planning on doing is possibly changing the front bumper reflectors, I dont like the orange ones. seen some black oney on ebay, £26 delivered from the US, I`ve had a search and there dont seem to be many photos of different options on here.

I`ll keep looking.....

Fuel filler cap doesnt seem to fit flush with the body

I had the same problem - and the paint metallic fleck was not the same orientation as the rest of the car so it looked as though it was a different colour. I took it back to the dealer and they fixed both under warranty.

Mind you, they have got another 2nd hand one on the forecourt with exactly the same issues....

Glen

The only other thing I`m planning on doing is possibly changing the front bumper reflectors, I dont like the orange ones. seen some black oney on ebay, £26 delivered from the US, I`ve had a search and there dont seem to be many photos of different options on here.

I`ll keep looking.....

Just to let you know, it's not a 2 second job to change these...bumper off IIRC. You may be quicker buying a tinted film

Just to let you know, it's not a 2 second job to change these...bumper off IIRC. You may be quicker buying a tinted film

Thanks for the info. I`d read up about it and saw it was a bumper off job. That in itself isnt an issue, but i`d be interested to see if anyone has put tinted film on theirs, if I can get away with that but it still looks good, I`ll try that.

I actually temporarily put some black insulation tape over them yesterday to see what it looked like, I think it looks far better, so i`ll be doing something.