Jump to content

Ekona

Members
  • Posts

    30,962
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ekona

  1. I'd argue the opposite. You have to tell your insurer about anything that changes the nature of the risk you represent to them at any time, be that putting a big exhaust on or a shiny bodykit. If you have points then you're proven to have been speeding which makes you more likely to have an accident (if you believe the statistics). Put it this way, it's not something I'd ever like to be arguing the toss over should I need to claim, and for the small extra cost is it worth not telling them? I know where you're coming from Sarnie and you've far more experience than me in the insurance field but I trust insurance companies as far as I can throw them and I see no point in giving them any ammo against you if you can help it.
  2. It shouldn't do. I believe the rule is that they penalise you 15% on your premium for every 3pts, but don't start adding until you're past 6pts, i.e you go from nothing to 45% loading once you hit 9pts! All insurers are different though, so do check with yours. And don't forget to tell them as soon as the points come through, not at next renewal.
  3. Bunch of scaredy cats
×
×
  • Create New...