Jump to content

nowhereboy

Members
  • Posts

    1,519
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nowhereboy

  1. Its not just the self employed. Millions of us are stuck working in large offices for employers who consider themselves “key workers” as a way of keeping the business open. If my place wiggles out of the lockdown Im faced with either moving out my home and not seeing my partner or son for months if not longer, or refuse to come into work and hope I don’t get fired.
  2. What is everyone doing about work at the moment? My partner is high risk as she has Crohns and Asthma. Shes already unwell and awaiting treatment. Thankfully she can work from home. Obviously the schools have closed and my son is also at home. My employer is just bumbling along as normal with “ideas to look into home working” but ultimately nothing has been done and they expect us to come to work and sit in a huge office surrounded by people. Im considering saying I have symptoms and self isolating for two weeks and hopefully by then we will be locked down anyway. I don’t fancy waiting for the official advice before protecting my family. In the north east people are just going about their business as normal.
  3. Yea that ship sailed didn't it? Instead we have access to thousands of experts who all have completely different opinions on any given situation
  4. Yea I agree. It's just very hard to make an informed opinion based on the information we have at the moment. I believe it's either going to blow over within a few months, the press will get bored and we will go back to business as usual or it's going to turn into a catastrophic sh*t show. I really don't know which of the two at the moment.
  5. I must say I went from being completely unfazed by the whole thing to fairly concerned very quickly. So much contradicting information in the press and even from governments and victims. We are being told the death rate is very low and only a real concern for elderly or unwell people. Then on another hand I've viewed loads of verified videos of European doctors on twitter in complete meltdown mode, some having nightmares when they sleep and showing lines upon lines of dying people on ventilation. I've saw doctors crying saying they can't help these people and that it's way more serious than governments are suggesting, they're also saying being young does not make you safe. So yea, it's all a bit confusing at the moment. Like everyone else I have bills to pay and currently work in an office with over 60 other people in an open space. Not a great deal I can do but keep cracking on until anything changes. I worry about the financial fall out as much as the virus itself.
  6. Another thing people often don't realize is legal cover will not fight liability for you following a dispute of who was at fault etc. E Sure are not mistaken in their comment to you, however it's misleading. I worked in the motor insurance industry for 7 years and put it this way, I don't/won't pay for legal cover.
  7. Motor Legal Cover is a bit of red herring anyway as the majority of insurers will cough up uninsured losses as long as you're not at fault, if you're at fault MLA won't cover uninsured losses anyway. Many people don't actually understand MLA and what it covers. It's primary purpose is to claim back losses not covered by the Third party insurer, IE policy excess and loss of earnings etc
×
×
  • Create New...