Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Hello mate, well done on passing the test, yep the date does stick with you...I still remember mine, 27th March 1993 ...bloody hell I'm getting old
  2. ooooh thats sounds good Will, HFCs are just win win on sound and power!
  3. When I was on an Astra forum (I know I know ) some guy got one fitted to his car and yep almost immediately you see huge gains in power, then a few months later his engine suffered catastrophic failure. Can't remember the exact details but all these chips do is tell the computer to pump more fuel in to get more power, but fundamentally ruining the whole engine in a short amount of time.
  4. Apologies guys, Sunday night, just got back in from throwing a BBQ with a few too many beers...
  5. Can't believe these things are still being touted on ebay...surely no on in their right mind would put one on? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-100-200-300-350Z-MICRA-ALMERA-PRIMERA-TUNING-MOD-/190540248745?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c5d1576a9
  6. Yeah but then you make the tyres out of tarmac
  7. Easy, make the roads out of Michelin rubber
  8. The next billionaire...the person who can invent tarmac that just stays flat and solid when its a bit cold out...is it really that difficult?
  9. Snow foam at the Owl it is then! Am up for a mini meet at the Owl if we can get a small troupe together...
  10. Yes do go back to the seller, did you buy it private or through a dealer? I had a noise from the front which got quicker as I sped up, turned out to be the metal cover around the back of the brake disc. It had gotten a little bent and was making contact with the disc. Quick grab of it and bent it back a smidgen and noise gone. Best thing is take it back, if no joy with that route get the car up on a jack, take the wheel off and get the disc and hub spinning see where the noise is coming from. As I say I thought mine was a warped disc turned out to be a metal plate just slightly out of line and a very cheap and simple fix
  11. Ordered the automotive kit from here...the 250ml kit. http://www.liquidleather.com/car-shop.html Still got plenty of GT11 and GT12 left over which I am sure I will use again at some point. PS, we got another SE meet coming up soon? Nice weather etc etc.
  12. Cheers pal, I have to say regardless of the seat condition I would recommend that people invest in the scuffmaster and dye and give your seats a good once over, it transforms the interior completely.
  13. Will look even better once you get it home and stick some tyre dressing on it...
  14. Well, had a few panic attacks in the night when I thought that maybe I used the wrong mixture of water with the dye etc but thought sod it lets just see in the morning. In my opinion, looks a mile better than before. Can definitely 'feel' the difference in the seats as well as see the dye effect. I cleaned it using GT12 then applied two layers of GT11 conditioner about 2 hours apart. Then went over it with the GT12 again followed by a degreaser. Then applied non diluted dye to the worse spots ie the orange on the drivers seat and the scratch marks on the protruding edges followed by a complete covering of dye watered down about 30% water 70% dye I would say at a guess - I didnt have a hobby spray gun as they recommend, I only had a sponge and can see why a hobby gun would be preferable as it has left very minute lines in places where I didnt completely smooth out the dye but its not really noticeable. Before and after shots are below...with the kit you also get a gloss enhancer, you can add it to the dye to give more gloss, I skipped it completely and wanted to try a complete matte look. Given my awful practical skills thought it came out ok Drivers seat, wear in the base of the seat now covered Scratch mark, one is near as damn it gone the other two much less noticeable Passenger seat, cleaned up (the scuffmaster stuff is VERY GOOD at lifting the crap off the seats)
  15. ...[heads to the search function]
  16. It looks an evil beast now! I would definitely move over and give way if I saw that in the mirrors!
  17. I think we need a full write up on this infamous Rik fella...a few unsavory comments about him in a few threads and I for one am intrigued!
  18. I know, guy I know who drives a black taxi says he just mixes in a bit of cherry blossom boot polish into a normal polish and gets his car up a good shine. Those pics are pre-clean...they have had a good going over today will take some photos in the morning of the results.
  19. ...purchased the scuffmaster and dye, a good going over with the cleaner, two efforts with conditioner, more cleaner, degreaser and finally the dye...leaving it to dye overnight, lets see how it looks tomorrow, here is how it looked this morning...
  20. They're the ones, thanks for finding them Think they will look even better once spacers are fitted and it's lowered a bit. Awesome, I think they look the business, excellent purchase. Look miles better than the ebay advert pictures.
  21. Looking good, were they some that you took a punt on on ebay?
  22. Just watching on channel 5, they just showed some upcoming highlights and 370z on it...
  23. I always find taking photos with a river or lake backdrop makes for some cracking photos, even just going to the end of my road in Putney with the bridge or fulham football club in the background with the river flowing by is pretty impressive!
  24. Yes it did make a villan out of Prost, and the heirarchy of F1. Also, that meeting where Senna was trying to raise the issue that the tyres do not make the run off areas safe and the guy in charge simply said 'the best decision is my decision' - you could almost feel the hatred of the drivers in the room after that comment. Interestingly the film did acknowledge that Prost is a leading trustee of the Senna foundation to help underprivaleged kids in Brazil.
×
×
  • Create New...