Basically, next year I can buy myself a L200 Raging Bull to use for work. I love trucks and used to have a Warrior which I loved to bits! It's far more practical for work and general life too if I'm honest! It'd be a company vehicle so I won't (personally) have to pay for the truck, running costs or for the most part, fuel.
Now, the condition is that I'd probably need to sell my Nissan as I can't really have two big flashy vehicles... I love my Nissan but it's a pure luxury used only for fun, when I can actually afford to run it!
The sensible side says go for it, I'd dramatically reduce my personal overheads and would free up the nissan money for a house deposit as I'm saving for a house... but the fun side says I don't want to sell my Nissan
This is probably the wrong place to ask this question as you're all biased (including me ) but what would you HONESTLY do in this situation?
Free nice vehicle with no running costs, albeit not a sports car....
or stick with a crappy Fiat "Postman Pat" Doblo and keep the Nissan which I sometimes struggle to run and barely use, but love to bits?
I'm trying to bear in mind that it's my intentions to get a 370Z in a year or two, so I would be coming back if I did decide to go down the other route, and I guess it'd potentially give me a year or two of low out goings to save for the 370! And if business picks up then it'd be no problem at all.
The reason behind having to chose is a bit complicated, I work for my dads company which I will be taking over in a few years time, however I've just launched a Home Technology side by myself which offers smart home automation, audio visual distribution and lighting control etc so i'm pretty much running my own side of the business, hence having to make some sacrifices.
If I do this early-mid next year then I would end up with a nice house deposit, low outgoings and a nice truck... but no Z for a year or two things "might" change nearer the time and I wouldn't be looking to sell until nearer the time, but trying to get my ducks in a row now if that makes sense!!
Thoughts?