Jump to content

Vik54

Members
  • Posts

    7,471
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Vik54

  1. +1 - happened to me ten minutes after picking it up last Saturday - you should've seen state of me- I nearly spat the Nothing - and I mean NOTHING can take the smile off my face now though
  2. Aw - Alex I missed that one - brutal but us newbies rely on you total honesty
  3. +1 on Pistonheads - private sellers on there are likely to be passionate about their car and know what they're doing Welcome mate you came to the right place I'm relatively new - wouldn't dare try to give tecchie advice - but was shopping for mine for months and at the time knew everything in the country that was on the market - it became my OBSESSION friends disowned me ......... You may well get a Blade 06 for around the 13k mark but it will have min 30k or higher mileage. My advice would be forget the age - unless you're desperate for the big bonnet and an extra few BHP - go for mileage/service history/mechanical as your priorities Good Luck
  4. Cheers Stew - I've Pmd Cara to see if we can meet up with some of you during the summer before the Hoon
  5. Hi folks - finally done the deal and drove back up yesterday so............... can we join you in September? Thought we'd head up on the Friday night or the Saturday and stay in a B&B - unless there's room at the chalets still? - come out with you on the Sunday. Also - if anyone wants to stop off in Fife on the way up - feel free to drop by cheers Vicky & Gary PS - Who lets the local petrol stations know we're coming
  6. Silver - could've been GM - didn't clock you until you were right next to me - going past Thai Teak / Pitormie farm shop! On first jouney to work in my zed - so surprised to see another in the wilds of Fife
  7. I didn't go for the ten month accelerator cos was worried about the same thing - lets both keep our fingers xd that they continue giving good service
  8. Well I'm about to find out .............finally done the deal .......first zed.........flying down south at the weekend and driving back to Fife from Essex - I'll let you know after 520 miles straight
  9. Just thought would share with y'all - I've just gone with Admiral fully comp - £681. By far cheapest Sky came in at £1950, RAC wouldn't offer a quote (currently with them) and Flux and Knott won't quote 'cos no performance experience and car'll be kept on the road. Currently got zero no claims due to three fault claims in last two years - first two settled 50/50 ( I am a magnet for elderly drivers apparently ) and third was some sod hitting my car while parked - so have gone from 7year NCB to zero. I've also got an SP30. So am v chuffed with the Nelson..............now just have to watch the right foot
  10. Sorry am talking pish - see below - it'll be £435 next year http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/road-tax/ ... eriv=34036 I think we should put some pressure on - as a group - why should we be subject to same RFL as an F430 or the like?!
  11. Can't comment on the JDM tax issue but cut off date for higher RFL on a UK zed is April 23rd 2006 - anything registered after this date is subject to the higher rate - which next year will be £445 - the robbin' btards I for one refuse to give the chancellor one more penny of my hard earned cash - its why I'm only looking at pre 06 zeds - I know the interior may not be quite as nice and slightly less BHP - but can soon sort that oot!
  12. Aye - its gorgeous and low mileage - but it is too much - typical nissan dealer price Please don't think me rude but until I started lurking on the forum I thought I had to go down the approved route - but you can get a ton of advice from the veterans on here.......... I've been shopping for a zed since April and I don't even bother looking at the nissan site anymore...... if it is a roadster you're looking for s20004u have got a beauty in black with alezan at the moment - good luck
  13. Thanks for the heads up mate - too high mileage though
  14. Just outside Dundee - North Fife - suppose should sort my profile oot
  15. Vik54

    Girl's

    I'm saved! Muchos Gracias
  16. Thnx for all the welcomes Am looking at this http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1057306.htm but am in Scotland so having to send in RAC to check over - haven't actually booked them yet....... d'you think its worthwhile - d'you think they'll even know what they're looking at? As complete novice I think its peace of mind ...... seller is a really nice and approachable - FNSH - etc
  17. Vik54

    Girl's

    Sh*t don't make me no 13 - PLEASE! Thanks for the welcome
  18. Vik54

    Girl's

    Hi girrrrls - am newbie Hoping to be fellow 'lady' owner soon too Just posted first Q on servicing - will look like a right dumbo - but you lot seem to be in the know so have to ask someone! Look forward to speaking to all soon
  19. Hi guys - newbie alert! I'm shopping for a zed - have been for weeks now - looking at 54-55 plates 'cos can't afford the RFL on an 06+ - robbin' sods Have several questions as can't find definitive answer online........ P3 at 36k - yeah or nay? P3 at 4 years regardless of age - even if low mileage? Do the chain tensioners get replaced at P3? I've had various stories from independent dealers (obviously taken with pinch of salt!)....... and finally completely off topic Kuro or Azure? ( I am a girl after-all!)
×
×
  • Create New...