Got the headunit out but what is this connection?

The Hoff

I took the 6 disc cd changer out the dash tonight. I had to pull out three plugs, two I know are the one that go to the ISO adapter but I am not sure what the white plug at the bottom is for.

Here is a pic, anyone got any idea? It had three orange or yellow wires connected to it I think.

350zstereo.jpg

Its not a GT model so most likely its steering wheel control that get routed off to a plug behind the steering wheel somewhere.

It thats the case it wouldnt be too hard for a non GT owner to hook up some steering wheel controls with the right bits from a breakers yard.

Thanks for the replies guys! :)

bleedin eck everyone is taking their Bose out this week! I just did mine!!! They are a swine to unplug from the dash those wires - I dont know what that third connection is either I'm afraid - A surf for Clarion stuff would prpbably find it? :)

I disagree gents - more likely to be for sat-nav connectivity according to the attached wiring diagram. Is sat nav an option on non-GT models, if so then this defo makes more sense than SWC.

I reckon the connector refers to wires 17 thru 20 on their own connector block.

2735663792_14335d6c75.jpg?v=0

The connector is for the SAT NAV unit. I have attaches some images that might be usefull to anyone with a JDM 350Z fitted with a Bose system.

Bose Head Unit Sockets

img010.jpg

350Z Wiring Harness Connectors

img011.jpg

350Z ISO Connector

img012.jpg

350Z ISO Connector Wiring Diagram

img013.jpg

350Z Bose Audio System Wiring Diagram

img014.jpg

• 3 years later...

Excellent diagram. I am about to install an ipod connector and wanted to make sure I attach the right power connections to the original harness. Can anyone let me know which wires correspond to the following:

!2V wire

Ground wire

Ignition wire

Thanks