SOS: head unit stopped working

saint

I recently had a pioneer sph da120 installed by a professional and I needed to add a hdmi cable myself. I took my centre console out as per every guide, and as I undid the inner left screw on the climate control unit at the bottom I saw a whisp of smoke. Upon finishing the cable addition the head unit doesn't work.

I swapped out the relevant fuse with another 10A one from the fuse box and ruled out the fuse (plus it didn't look broken...)

So...HELLLLLPPPP!!!!

Not sure, I googled but find nothing. Is it easy to find out when I return to swearing at it tomorrow afternoon? Is it possible the guy who fitted my unit grounded it against the screw I mentioned? And most importantly did I fry my unit?

EDIT Heh, yes it does have a fuse...and its rather obvious when looking at the back! D'oh!

Edited by saint

I got a test light on it, a few things happened...

1. The fuse in the engine bay fuse box went

2. It blew because a screw had cut into a cable when the shop fitted it and caused a short when disturbed

It's all working now, I won't name the shop but they've messed me about a lot already!