Plenum help..?

hairyman68

Hi have just bought a plenum spacer off one of the lads on here for my 2005 DE.

Questions... How much to fit (price) or easy to fit..?

Would it be ok to drive it when fitted before getting it re mapped..?

Any special remap..?

Recommend re mappers in North East area..? Sunderland area..?

Cheers..

I don't know about cost to fit but they are pretty easy if you can twirl a spanner ok. I drove mine after fitting and before the remap and it was fine, also you will need the uprev remap for the zed. :)

• Like 1

I am a bit average with spanners but fitted one myself - just look up the torque settings for refitting the plenum bolts - you just take the top off, put in the plenum and refit. If you want someone to do it, ask a friendly local on here or its probably an hours work at a garage?

It won't make any difference to the car without the remap as the ECU will reset itself. You can drive it fine therefore before any remap, but to make use of it, you need it remapped i.e. an uprev (circa £300 for the licence I think)

RS Tuning I think in Leeds does the remap with uprev.

Edited by coldel
  • Like 1

Treat yourself to a little torque wrench and fit it yourself, it only takes about an hour. I don't usually mess with car engines when it comes to mods but doing this was easy.

I haven't had mine remapped yet and I can say that there is a difference even when standard. The revs seem smoother and the car idles lower.

• Like 1