Hole in car/route out for GoPro microphone

Alex HMB

Hello all,

Just taken delivery of a nice new GoPro 4 and a Boyo microphone. I do some filming of stuff on my motorbikes such as track days and and want to get some decent car footage and decent audio of engine/exhaust note on my nice newly acquired zed :D

Does anyone know of a route out of the car cabin to the underneath of the car i.e. so I can route the microphone lead through and mount the mic somewhere near the exhausts? The hole needs to be big enough to poke through a 3.5mm stereo jack.

Or any other good places to mount the mic (would it be good in the engine bay or would it just be a racket?) with a route to get there from the cabin?

Not sure if it'd be ok to run it out the door or boot lid, cable might get damaged.

I'd mount the GoPro in the cabin, not too keen having it on the outside.

Cheers,

Alex

Edited by Alex HMB

When I did my reverse cam I seem to remember there being a rubber hole in the boot into the bumper recess. It'd a PITA to keep taking in and out, but if you could fit it there perma and just connect when needed it might be good for exhaust racket and also minimal wind as it's behind the bumper. I'll see if I can find a pic.

th_b216f3d792aeaaf31145741563fb09ad_zpsoeylwozy.jpg

th_58061b1e86ea3f166826906c9fa933dc_zpsptifr9sb.jpg

Shamelessly lifted from here.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/56481-kenwood-ddx-4028bt-rear-cam-install-–-superguide/

Edited by SuperStu
  • Like 1