Dual Tech HSD Coilovers for 2003 350z

JoKeR

As above please. Seen them around £500 odd but wondering if someone is selling up or a trader has some cheapish. Can purchase first week of August or straight away depending on price.

Thanks

That's what she 'Zed' :-/

Really? I've been recommended these by a few and never owned any coilovers on any car before so I take people's advise seriously. What's the drama with them and what would you recommend instead mate.

I'll be using it for fast road and some track use.

not all on a Zed granted but i have Owned Miesters R, HSD mono pro, driven cars on KW and BC

and HSD Dual Tech are the worse i have used,The Expensive HSD the MonoPro where lovely and at the time the DUal techs wernt out so when i got me Z i went dual techs as HSD was good last time and im far from impressed by them.

a little comparison

KW are fanatastic as there firm and solid yet give a smooth ride

The Dual Tech seem to be the opposite They Give a crashy hard ride whilst still being very boaty and lose We have played around trying different damping setting and adjusting the tension on the spring but when im doing my drifting and pictures from Castle combe at japfest prove even on hardest setting the car was still boating to a point that on some pictures you cant see the tyre wall as its in the arch i have never had this on a set of coilovers before, Even the lexus is200 version of the dual techs dont come close to that of the monopros there is no stiffness in them just a crashy rebound,

I mean as always its horse for courses but i was unimpressed and when everything else is sorted i will be swapping out for something else

Ok mate fair point. I think I wanted these after being recommended as they seemed cheaper than others around. Are there others I can get for the same or less price?

Cheers mate

Throw in my thoughts after using the dual tech after bc br on my 2006 impreza;

The HSD's are indeed more boat'ish that the bc's even on full hard damping - just their setups with spring rate and match to dampers.

The ride on roads over bumps etc I felt was the same quality on both, both settings around mid stiffness.

Build quality though I would give an extra point to the HSD's, seemed more chunky / well built such as the lock rings..

At around £565 vs £700(?) If I was using the car for looks rather than fast road / track I would go for the HSD's again for sure, in my younger days I had Racelands and the such going for pure looks and they are nothing like that low of a standard.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

It does help thanks mate I'm still undecided. Maybe StevoD had a bad experience and they could be really good or maybe it is just how they are. I'll need a few more opinions before making my mind up yet though but thanks so far guys it does help me decide.

Seems SteveO went to some lengths to explain why he didn't like them. I'd say that's more than a "bad experience". He's not the first I've heard say this either.

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

• Like 1

I had MonoPro ones before my Teins - and quite liked them! And sold them for 400 quid...at some point (same time as I was selling mine) we had 3 sets for sale at same time haha

I only changed as got Teins at a decent price :)

I had MonoPro ones before my Teins - and quite liked them! And sold them for 400 quid...at some point (same time as I was selling mine) we had 3 sets for sale at same time haha

Yea the monopros i had on my is200 where fantastic but we fitted the dual techs to friends is200 and there just poor in comparison to the monopro

i have never driven on teins but a friends with a Rx7 does plenty of track work and seems to rate his very much

Edited by StevoD

Yea the monopros i had on my is200 where fantastic but we fitted the dual techs to friends is200 and there just poor in comparison to the dual techs

i have never driven on teins but a friends with a Rx7 does plenty of track work and seems to rate his very much

I think you confused yourself there... Fitted dual tech and they were poor in comparison to dual tech? ;)

Yea, I love Teins! I have EDFC with mine and I love gadgets like that...so extra bonus haha

• Like 1

Yea the monopros i had on my is200 where fantastic but we fitted the dual techs to friends is200 and there just poor in comparison to the dual techs

I think you confused yourself there... Fitted dual tech and they were poor in comparison to dual tech? ;)

Yea, I love Teins! I have EDFC with mine and I love gadgets like that...so extra bonus haha

damn it and i only gave Grundy @*!# for doing that the other day about his ring trip :lol:

damn it and i only gave Grundy @*!# for doing that the other day about his ring trip :lol:

Hahaha Karma strikes again :lol: