Aux in socket in centre arm rest

davetstan

Hi chaps,

Sorry if this has been covered, but as I failed to do my research properly before purchasing a 370z and got a 2009 model without the abilty to stream music through the head unit I have to resort to the aux in socket.

I have today purchased a 3.5mm male to male cable so I could attach my iphone 6 to one end and plug the other end in the aux in port. However, after opening the plastic cover it just appears to be a hole. Anyone else had this issue?? I have a 2009 Gt model.

Tks in advance

Dave

Do you mean the socket is broken / has been removed? If so, I've never heard of that before.

I believe some owners in the U.S. have replaced the head in the 09 Z to improve functionality, but if you can get the aux socket repaired a cheaper alternative is this, which should allow you to stream music via Bluetooth.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006IJGEGQ/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tks for your reply, Hard to explain really, i just mean when I plug the cabke in there is no click and it wiggles around as if there is nothing behind the plastic cover.

Only one option really, get it off and have a proper look.

Appreciate the link though. May look into that once I have proved there is a connector.

Dave

When we picked up the Nismo from a Nissan dealer in Yorkshire it had less than 2K miles on it (it was their ex-demonstrator).

Half way down the M1 on the way back my other half pulled down the passenger side sun visor and the (broken) mirror built into the visor fell off and landed in her lap.

I got in touch with them as soon as we got home and we ended up with a £250 refund on the price to get it repaired (the mirror is lit and the whole visor had to be replaced). The guy at the dealership admitted he'd known about it but just didn't mention it. Seems like you need to check absolutely every nut and bolt before you drive away!

Sorry just seen this. Yes it seems you do mate. At least you got your money for it.

To be fair the garage owner who sold me mine was very good. He replaced all 4 tyres, refurbed all 4 alloys, new front pads and gave it a full service and got me a set of mats as he presumed they were in the boot.

That connector is useless anyways. I bought two and the both broke. Only solution is to buy a connector from

Maplin and wire it in. Search in the forums. Works really well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk