Nismo Alloys - Dealer option?

moff

Have you tried Ultralite wheels too :thumbs:

I think thing with rota is is that they focus more on track racing wheels , so they have to keep under the 19 mark to keep rotation of the wheel close to the actual speed you are doing. Over 18 and the rotation takes longer, which makes your performance slower, perhaps only by a milli second but over a track race, say 5 laps could add up to over a couple of seconds. For better quickness 17's are recommended, but for looks 19's look fantastic, but 18's can look just as good if car is lowered. :thumbs:

:wacko: Surely if you fit the right profile tyres the rolling radius stays the same.

it does :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried Ultralite wheels too :thumbs:

I think thing with rota is is that they focus more on track racing wheels , so they have to keep under the 19 mark to keep rotation of the wheel close to the actual speed you are doing. Over 18 and the rotation takes longer, which makes your performance slower, perhaps only by a milli second but over a track race, say 5 laps could add up to over a couple of seconds. For better quickness 17's are recommended, but for looks 19's look fantastic, but 18's can look just as good if car is lowered. :thumbs:

:wacko: Surely if you fit the right profile tyres the rolling radius stays the same.

Sorry my mistake,:blush: between 18 and 19 rolling radius and the diameter will stay the same on condition of profiles, but to my understanding you will reduce the size of the side walls which will affect the cars handling and make it stiffer. But with 18's you have a bigger side wall to play with. + on 18s you have more track tyre type choice :thumbs:

I would keep the rolling diameter the same with whatever profile tyres would be needed. If anything dry weather handling may well improve, albeit ride comfort compromised a bit. Plus, by playing with pressures you can change the feel of it....

Ideally, I'd love a set of OZ Superlegerra split rims, but they are looking like costing £k's, and I have a car to save up for!! I would keep the 18's should I venture out onto a track / resale anyway. When I saw the NISMO wheels with tyres from Phil for £1,700, I did get thinking though!!

What are these Ultralite wheels you speak of? :)

The only thing holding me back at the minute from the Nismo's is the writing on the wheel itself. Never been a fan of labels for all to read. It may just be me but any of you share that thought? :teeth:

Lol Id advertise Nismo myself although may draw unwanted attention to the car, if you dont mind going 18's get the Rotas from Phil, and with lowering, think youll agree his car looks B)B)B)

20 sets of Nismo wheels due 15th Jan, £1700 with falken 452 tyres delivered.

12 months ago I'd have snapped your hand off.....

I resisted last time, but i feel i will eventually fall for this. Thanks Phil and just after xmas too. :surrender:

I think the UY would suit a darker set of rims, gunmetal or anthracite or even black with a lip. The Nismo look too similar to the GT4's imo e.g five spokes and silver etc. :blush:

I resisted last time, but i feel i will eventually fall for this. Thanks Phil and just after xmas too. :surrender:

I think the UY would suit a darker set of rims, gunmetal or anthracite or even black with a lip. The Nismo look too similar to the GT4's imo e.g five spokes and silver etc. :blush:

Take your point but the nismo's are 19 inch a much better quality and much lighter wheel. I have always liked them, like the fact of the nismo brand too. :thumbs: Also this is very good value as my tyre's need replacing soon.

Take your point but the nismo's are 19 inch a much better quality and much lighter wheel. I have always liked them, like the fact of the nismo brand too. :thumbs: Also this is very good value as my tyre's need replacing soon.

I think for UY the best wheels I ever saw were the work meisters with black centre, a guy on here had it with his UY, was stunning B)B)

I think for UY the best wheels I ever saw were the work meisters with black centre, a guy on here had it with his UY, was stunning B)B)

They were on kev's ;)

All very good points :thumbs: I considered them for a time too, the only reason I didn't was that for the uneducated (read Mrs sarnie and others) they would of looked very similar to the GT4's. I also wanted a significant visual change to at least justify it to myself :lol:

Also, you must be going some to need a set of tyres so soon having done what, 9k miles :surrender::)

All very good points :thumbs: I considered them for a time too, the only reason I didn't was that for the uneducated (read Mrs sarnie and others) they would of looked very similar to the GT4's. I also wanted a significant visual change to at least justify it to myself :lol:

Also, you must be going some to need a set of tyres so soon having done what, 9k miles :surrender::)

10.8k now :scare::lol:

Did you cry when it went over 10k? I did :surrender::lol:

Just to cover a couple of the questions raised.

The wheels in the picture of our car are ROTA GTR 9.5 and 8.5 same design as the Nismo but only available in 18''.

The graphic on the Nismo wheel is just a sticker and can be removed for those that don't like it.

Did you cry when it went over 10k? I did :surrender::lol:

Yes :surrender: What is it about that? i tried driving in reverse to see if it would go back. :lol:

Had a look on Ultralite's website, and they don't seem to do 19's either! :wacko:

Yeh they do, they do 19" and 20" wheels only in certain types though :thumbs:

According into their fitment guide, non of those are for the Zed.... :dry:

They are cos I had the 20" on my car for a week B)

The graphic on the Nismo wheel is just a sticker and can be removed for those that don't like it.

Me likes the sound of that :yahoo:

I feel the wallet may be coming out now..

Good work; :blush:

Just to share with you all that now i have officially reserved my set of Nismo wheels :teeth:

Even though you've seen them once or twice i will post the pics once they arrive ;)