Door trigger feed

mrkieran23

Sorry if its already been discussed, a search only brings up 1 thread with no definitive answer.

So it looks like the 350 doesn't have door lights, only a reflector SO... i need to find a feed from the door trigger.

Can anybody tell me if the door trigger wiring is easy to get to?

I read that i cannot wire it to the interior lights as they are connected to the BCM? tbf i think it easier option would be to take the feed from the trigger.

Thoughts?

double check this as i did it a looooong time ago, I put footwell lighting in my 350, take off the A pillar cover on the passenger side and you will find a pink wire this can be used as a trigger, DO NOT overload this, use it as a trigger to switch a solenoid, this wire will work as the door opens

Your other choice is to tap into the door switch itself, these are usually a switched earth, tap into a live and this to switch the lights on/off as the door is opened

• Like 3

well the 350 doesnt have an inside courtesy light, this is where i wanted to take the feed from but its only a reflector.

Perhaps it may be safer to put another switch on, unless anybody knows if i would be safe with putting a fuse inline and connecting it to the trigger mmmmmm