Having trouble with key fob, alarm. ( Battery flat? )

martek

Hi Guy's

Had my car in storage over winter, now the key fob is not working the alarm.

Every now and again it works.

Does the Key fob have a battery?

If so, what make so i can get one ordered.

Is it easy to replace?

Any information much appreciated, as the alarm going off every time i open the doors is driving me nuts.

Cheers Dave.

What make alarm is it Dave? My Toad started doing the same thing last week. Cleaned up the earth on Saturday and its worked on the fob since. Worth a look since its been in storage :thumbs: New battery might just be the cure though

Edited by ZedManTID

It's a normal flat watch type battery but I forget what size. Like 4 quid on Amazon an easy to swap over. Thing is u have to do it fast as the key will forget it's coding if left for too long with no battery so make sure u swap it over straight away

I had the same issue a few months ago on both keys, so feared the worst. I ordered 2 new batteries and then they both worked fine.

These are the one's I got:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DURACELL-Lithium-Batteries-CR2016-ECR2016/dp/B002VR6PRM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1430770358&sr=8-2&keywords=duracell+2016

To replace them you just unscrew the little screw on the back of the fob and the replace it. I didn't have to re-sync it after either :)