UK 350Z Roadster GT LSD?

shooze

Hey guys,

Just wondering if the UK GT spec 350ZRs have a LSD as standard? I'm used to an S2000 where I can feel it grabbing on tight turns but I can't with the 350Z. Also when I boot it out of junctions I'm sure the inside wheel is spinning up.

Hey Doc! Wondered when I'd run into you on here! Its Adz with the turbo MX!

I'm just confused as its spinning the inside wheel. Are they less easily locked than he torsion difs? Maybe I need a fluid change?

Hahah, small world mate, how are you doing? Fake Ben Taylor turned up on here the other day as well, its a trackday invasion :lol:

You sold the MX, right? Whats the spec on the S2K??

Helical/Torsen diffs work fundamentally differently from viscous and mechanical diffs, they effectively transfer power to the wheel that has best grip where the traditional LSD tries to keep the wheels turning at the same rate regardless of grip. Torsens are better for track and grip, the traditional LSD is better for sliding and dicking about, you can guess which I prefer :lol:

Yea I'm good cheers mate! And yourself?

I don't have an S2000 now but I've had several in the past and they always seem to lock up really easily coming out of junctions etc. The 350 seems to spin the inside wheel a bit which surely shouldn't happen with any LSD traditional or otherwise? Its definitely not as easy to drift out of junctions as the MX5 or the S2k. It wont get sideways! Does this sound right to you? Maybe it needs an oil change.

I'll jack it up on Mon and see if both wheels turn the same way! How's the BM treating you?

• 3 months later...

Let me know i have an 08 350z vq45hr, ide like to know if i have lsd aswell because half the car was on grass and half on road and the wheel on road spun but the one on the grass didnt spin obvious because of traction issues, does the lsd come online when traction controll is turned off or? anyone know?

Thanks