left hand speakers not workin on and off read on!!!

shire350Z

After a bit of investigation it turns out that the tweeter is only effected when playing a cd.

It works fine with the radio, and with the tape player??

I'll try one of those cd cleaner things to see if that makes a difference - if not then it looks like it may be the excuse I need to get a new headunit....

After a bit of investigation it turns out that the tweeter is only effected when playing a cd.

I'll try one of those cd cleaner things to see if that makes a difference - if not then it looks like it may be the excuse I need to get a new headunit....

:lol: Mine did this, and then one day it inexplicably started working again. Try doing a rain dance while rubbing your tummy and patting your head. I'm sure there's something like that in the guides section.....

:lol: Mine did this, and then one day it inexplicably started working again. Try doing a rain dance while rubbing your tummy and patting your head. I'm sure there's something like that in the guides section.....

this must be done with your trowsers rolled up to the knee on each leg if its the BOSE system but you're ok to just tuck your trowsers in your socks for the base system :thumbs:

• 6 months later...

just been reading through this post as I have this exact same problem - left speakers cut out when playing CD only, brake hard and it comes back on/goes off. Its fine with radio so sounds like this 'faulty laser pickup'. Question is, is there a cheap way of fixing this...a previous post mentioned trying a CD laser cleaning kit?

Already had the unit replaced once under warranty because of the 'cold-start CD skipping' issue - BOSE units suck balls!!!

• 2 weeks later...
yeah all comes from the head unit!!!!

you need a good autoelectrician to either try to take apart and clean if not solved then replace as they can rewire teh head unit to the ECU

thats what im having done!!!

I know you posted this a while ago, but did you get it done??