left hand speakers not workin on and off read on!!!

shire350Z

i aint under warranty thast problem!!! anyone know where i can get a second hand head unit from?

so if i swap head unit speakers will be ok???? its not a damaged speaker??

cheers all

It's usually a fault with the head unit not putting the right signal out down that channel. I've had mine done under warranty, but if you're replacing it you may as well buy aftermarket. If you want to get hold of a new replacement, try Holdcroft. :)

thats another thing u cant just put a after market head unit in as the wiring is all diff and goes to seperate amp so no 1 does a wire and u have to mess about changing all wiring!!!!!!!!!!

bloody thing all i want is listen to music not spend a fortune on puttin a whole new system in that many should be goin on styling!!!

thats another thing u cant just put a after market head unit in as the wiring is all diff and goes to seperate amp so no 1 does a wire and u have to mess about changing all wiring!!!!!!!!!!

bloody thing all i want is listen to music not spend a fortune on puttin a whole new system in that many should be goin on styling!!!

Fear not, you can get a little PAC adaptor for not much cash and your aftermarket will play through the delightful BOSE peripherals! ;)

yeah heard that off sometime else!! only other prob is that iv got satnav which might effect the lady comin through lol but more importanly heard that the phone def wont work through the speakers

so any1 got one for sale??? original head unit bose 6cd in black

• 1 month later...

It turns out that I am having a similar problem with my non BOSE set up.

Noticed today that the left side 'tweeter' does not seem to be working?

Ive checked with the balance etc etc and its defo not supplying any sound to the cabin.

How do I go about getting the headunit out to check the connections? Also if it is a speaker fault where would I get a replacement one from?

I'm not intending on changing my headunit (unless its broken) so would aftermarket speakers make any difference to the sound quality? If so wat ones fit the existing positions with the minumum of fuss?

Cheers

Ross

It turns out that I am having a similar problem with my non BOSE set up.

Noticed today that the left side 'tweeter' does not seem to be working?

Ive checked with the balance etc etc and its defo not supplying any sound to the cabin.

How do I go about getting the headunit out to check the connections? Also if it is a speaker fault where would I get a replacement one from?

I'm not intending on changing my headunit (unless its broken) so would aftermarket speakers make any difference to the sound quality? If so wat ones fit the existing positions with the minumum of fuss?

Cheers

Ross

See the link Gixxer gave you. To change the speakers, you need a pair of 6" components. You will probably need to pay someone to fit them, as the tweeter mounting behind the mirror is tricky to mount an aftermarket tweeter into.

i def fitted 6.5" in my rears and on that link above mate it says 6.5" in the front

check it out more options on the 6.5" range, i've got somr focal comps to go in the front but i'm waiting for better weather as i cant open the door on the car in my narrow garage :blush:

i def fitted 6.5" in my rears and on that link above mate it says 6.5" in the front

check it out more options on the 6.5" range, i've got somr focal comps to go in the front but i'm waiting for better weather as i cant open the door on the car in my narrow garage :blush:

Fair enough, I guess they guys are fitting custom rings in the doors for mine then! :lol:

I'm going for some Hertz fronts this time. The Focals last time needed the tweeter taping up when the liquid had warmed up. After half an hour they really hurt my head! :headhurt:

Thanks for the responses guys :thumbs:

It just seems to be the tweeter that isnt working - do you think it could be a headunit fault? I'll try it with the radio to see if the same thing happens

I'll go to a few audio shops and see how much a set of new speakers will be - can be a new year treat for her!!

Will have to see how much money I have left first cos she needs taxed at the end of Jan!

hmm i'm not sure how they are wired, i doubt they will use crossovers which is the norm with components, so it could well be the tweeter is piggy backed from the door speaker and if so then it definitely isnt a head unit problem, it could be a lose connection either on the tweeter or to where the tweeter connects (the speaker)

not that it matters really, if you buy components you will tkae the siganl from the left speaker (which is working) and use a crossover to the tweeter :thumbs:

or as in the link above you could fit a speaker that has bass,mid and tweeter built in :thumbs:

Guess what? i have the same problem to but both front and rear left have an intermitten fault, ie somtimes i brake hard and hey presto its back on ( although the sound doesn't completly disappear). I'm thinking maybe i've just got a bad connection. :headhurt:

Guess what? i have the same problem to but both front and rear left have an intermitten fault, ie somtimes i brake hard and hey presto its back on ( although the sound doesn't completly disappear). I'm thinking maybe i've just got a bad connection. :headhurt:

I have a dodgy rear left speaker too !

Sometimes has a life of its own and starts crackling then goes quiet again :rant:

Ads