rattling noise in back box when 2.5-3k rpm

Dashurik

Noise appeared about a week ago.First I was thinking I had no clearance between aftermarket diffuser and tail pipes! Nope! I even removed it and went for a drive to test the car,but ratling noise was obvious on 2.5-3k rpm,specially when releasing the pedal and going on neutral.So I got under the car I tried to see if I have any loose connections or something is touching the box.Nope!

Then I banged on the back box and could hear that something is inside:screw ,nail etc..**** knows !?

My question is :what could it be ? Does the back box has some internals which may collapse because of age?Any help much appreciated!

Edited by Dashurik

Check the heat shield :thumbs:

on the back box? couldn't see any when i looked at earlier!I have scorpion back box !

Just to add:is the shield visible at all from underneath the car ?

Edited by Dashurik

Check the heat shield :thumbs:

on the back box? couldn't see any when i looked at earlier!I have scorpion back box !

Just to add:is the shield visible at all from underneath the car ?

Didn't know you had changed the exhaust :)

Do you have cats on the car?

If so knock the cats to see if they rattle? Does the car smell from the back when running?

I had my Berks fall apart & they seemed to rattle around in the back box for a while

Darren! I have berks hfc installed about 4 month ago I think.I think car smells a bit when running ! Is that means my bBerks are ****ed now? I don't run SC !!!

I think also noticed that exhaust became louder about few weeks ago,may be its mind playing with me?!

Need to sort this noise rattle out as its driving me crazy!

P.S. if that rattling noise is something to do with broken beats from hfc trapped in the back box I will be VERY MUCH DISAPPOINTED! They were new when installed them and only done 500 miles or so!

Edited by Dashurik

This is what mine looked like when they failed.

IMG_0380.jpg

****! Were you running supercharger at that time or stock car? Mine is stock,just few simple mods! Not good at all,thats absolutely @*!# quality parts then! I bought Berks new from forum member ,who bought it from Tarmac.Tarmac checked the system and warranty on that product expired end of 2013(where i bought them 26oct 2014)...Now I have only hope to appeal to Berks in USA and explain the situation,hope they will sort something out.

Saying that Im not sure if Berks failed yet,as I haven't removed back box yet to see whats trapped inside nor I removed Berks to check them.Hope I can do it one day but I have no tools or facilities,so may be need a professional help first.

If I confirm Berks are failed then surely this should be an alarm bell for future customers who want to buy them! They are expensive parts +labour fitting them!

Edited by Dashurik

Mine was 2kmiles boosted when this happened, fortunately Berks replaced them under warranty BUT I still got stung by customs, got taxed for the shipping & value of the goods. Just something to bare in mind.

Glrnet also had a set of Berks fail, they didn't break up but the cat material inside came loose inside & gave his exhaust a rattle.