aarrgghh, collapsed rear wheel bearing!!!

davej

So the little orange was being serviced today whe i got the call everyone dreads, "You might want to come and look at this" turns out the rear passenger side rear wheel bearing has collapsed nad i've gotta hunt down a new one!

and i was hoping to use it on saturday!!

If anyone knows where to find one please shout!

Dave

(Consigned to an astra van!!)

So the little orange was being serviced today whe i got the call everyone dreads, "You might want to come and look at this" turns out the rear passenger side rear wheel bearing has collapsed nad i've gotta hunt down a new one!

and i was hoping to use it on saturday!!

If anyone knows where to find one please shout!

Dave

(Consigned to an astra van!!)

Nissan dealer or Bigphil spring to mind. Where are you having it serviced? :wacko:

Well big phil was my first call last night and he suggested ringing round the dealer network, especially marshalls, and lo and behold they've got one on the shelf!!!

and one of the occasional perks of working for a haulage firm, guess who's got a truck unloading just outside cambridge, and will be reloading to come back to the yard tonight!

As for warning signs, absolutely none, no grumbling vibrations etc.. that was the really worrying thing as the night before i'd hooned it to york for the wifes netball match and back up,

its being serviced by a local independant guy i know, who's completely stumped by the concept of the self learning ecu thingy and the need for a HKS Speed defencer to take the limiter off!

Dave

well the bearing landed back sat am, and this morning got the old one removed and the new one pressed on to the hub

DSCF0266-a-1.jpg

the bearing is the shiny bit, now sat on the corner of my desk, waiting to go back on

And after ringing round my local stealer parts bod said i needed to buy the whole hub for £350!!!!!!, marshalls said nope bearing is a single piece, £60 + vat

Dave

• 2 years later...