Clutch help please ......

Bodyboarder81

Hi all,

At the moment my zed is in with h-dev having a supercharger install . Once it's on the rollers I've been told the clutch might start to slip and as such would need it replaced . I have an HR zed , so if I do need to upgrade the clutch do I also need to swop the dmf wheel for a smf ? Or can I still use the dmf ( if its in working order)

I've been out in a smf zed and as everyone knows they get a chatter below 2000rpm .... If I can avoid this I would like to, but are the dmf up to the job when going charged ( probably around 350ftlb )

Appreciate your help :)

A tired DMF is likely to give issues if you replace the clutch and not it although it depends on the mileage its covered and how the cars been driven.. The main failure point on the HR though is the concentric slave cylinder that's a weak point even on standard cars.

The Xtreme clutch single mass conversion kit will easily seal with that kind of torque level and produces less chatter than some other kits but there is still some compared with a DMF.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/92517-new-release-xtreme-clutch-kit-inc-smf-and-csc-solution-350z-hr-and-370z/

Hi ewen , yes I met up with add350z who runs your set up and this is the one I will go for if needed. My car has 28k on it so I guess my dmf " should" be in ok condition , but my query is if I swop out just the clutch and ccs will the dmf be able to handle the extra ftlb ?