Clutch Sticking

cwalkero

Hi Guys,

I just bought a 2005 350z roadster a few weeks ago. I have been out in it a few times but today I decided to get the roof down as the weather is great and take it out for a good drive. Nightmare on the motorway due to roadworks so I was constantly start and stopping.

I noticed at one point my clutch was stuck half way down almost at the biting point. I flipped it back out with my foot but noticed if I tapped it again it would sink down. Worryingly I pulled into a kwik fit that I was passing back to get them to take a look. Chap said that if it was stuck all the way down then it would only require a bit of grease to help it loosen but as it was sort of sticking and popping back slowly it would be something else.

Now I will be honest I know nothing about cars. I just got rid of my MG TF roadster after I was plagued by many problems but this car has full service history done at the nissan dealership and has done 65000 miles so it should be in good nick but I dont know a bloody thing about cars/parts so please bear with me.

Does anyone know what it could be and more importantly is it going to cost an arm and a leg to fix it. I am abit worried about it as I am still treating it like its made out of glass as I just got it. I also thought (maybe I am wrong) but I was in 1st gear at one point doing about mph and I took my foot completely off the clutch and the car didnt stall then I quickly pushed it back in and changed gears. :(

A fluid change and bleed may fix the issue.

However I would recommend that you swop out the slave cyl. and upgrade the fluid and also upgrade to a braided line.

Parts will cost circa £120.00 and labour circa £50.00

I am only up the road in Perth if you want a free informed diagnoses. :thumbs:

Alex. :)