Kinetix V4 Plenum And Hi Flow Cats, worth the money!

Removed

I have done this is 2 stages:

stage 1 colour coding Plenum: I think I did a decent job, pics are around already. I then installed it, a bit of a pita but most probably as I didn't really have the proper tools. I managed in the end.

Performance gains: sort of breathing more freely, seems to have a bit more poke

Noise gains: not really keen on the "echoing plasticky noise" of the plenum tbh

Difficulty of installation (for a newbie like me) 6.5/10. would have been easier with more appropriate tools I guess

stage 2 Hi flow cats: got them installed @ Joe's mechanic Stuart (HCC-Motorsport.com). Joe as usual is a very nice bloke, and Stuart seemed competent.

I had the non-fouler mods from the US to prevent CEL light coming on..... our lambda sensors have the reverse thread compared to the US ones, so he didn't put them on. I will wait to see if the CEL light appears, in which case he will re-thread the nonfoulers to accomodate the UK lambda sensors

Performance gains: quite noticeable gain in torque, engine seems to breathe much more freely

Noise gains: they opened up the Milltek sound very nicely, much deeper and louder noise now!

General comments: combo well worth installing IMO!

Also, need to adjust the strut bar as I think it vibrates against the plenum....

UPDATE after a couple of thousand miles on them: no CEL light on (must be only if you go with the Test pipes, and hi-flow cats are ok)

• 3 weeks later...