What service?

ZeppoJeff

So i got my 55 plate zed a couple weeks ago and im looking at servicing it when i get back from work in a month. The thing is that its not been stamped for a service since 15000miles and now sitting at 40000 :/

Does everyone agree that i should just put it in for its P3 or just buy everything and service it myself? Whats the average price of a p3?

Its your choice......I did the P3 myself.

It will cost you around £200 for the service pack including gearbox and diff oils.

Cheers...id be quite happy doing it myself as im not intending getting rid of the zed so service history isnt going to matter to a future owner.

what does a full p3 service include?

I changed the engine oil and filter, air filters (HR) Coolant, brake fluid, gearbox and diff oils.

The gearbox and diff oils are every 3 yrs and plugs change at around 50k if I remember correctly

On the coolant, I didnt drain the whole system out, just drained 5ltrs off and re-filled with 5ltrs of premix.

Just refill very slowly to avoid air locks. Undo the bleed nipple at the top right of the engine bay near the firewall when re-filling to allow any air to escape.

Edited by 350zedd

Always do them all myself, much cheaper and know it's done right. Just be ocd and change everything more regular for peace of mind. I do the coolant, gearbox,diff every 2 year atleast as it's not that expensive and nothing beats fresh oil, just stick a note.of.whats done in the service book and keep invoices etc

Edited by scobie140

How to for what? Coolant is just a plug at the bottom of the radiator, and full at the top. It's not a 100% replacement but do it every 2 years and will be just as good. Oil is simple drawn plug at bottom of oil sum and same for gearbox and diff. Doddle once you see them. Spark plugs are a doddle aswell just need to loosen some of the surrounding wire etc to allow access. Honestly one of the easiest cars I've serviced for location and access wise.

Brake fluid is a doddle if you have someone to work the peddle for you. Don't let the resiviour go dry!!

I bought spare nipples and rubber grommets off fleabay before i did he brakes last year, If i remember correctly I only had to replace 1 nipple and 2 grommets. Just your donald duck

Just remember the front callipers have two nipples, and bleed the proper sequence found somewhere on the forum(can't remember, saved on my PC not my laptop)