leak again

vaneel

HI,

nice to meet you all,

my zed had a hole in the exhaust and i bought a cobra exhaust back and mid section. after a few weeks the exhaust is blowing again from what appears to be the centre pipe to y pipe fitting.

i guessed it was time to replace the y pipe too but i just had a thought. would the 3inch centre pipe be bigger than the outlet on the y pipe?

if so what options do i have? cant afford more than £200 for the next few months and seen plenty of y pipes in this price but all have a 2.25 inlet to 2.5 outlet which means the y pipe is half an inch smaller on the outlet to my centre pipe.

i have also seen a 2.5 inlet to 3.0 output but then the inlet is a quarter inch bigger than the output of the down pipes.

im lost and not sure what to do for a cheaper fix for now. i cant find any stock y pipes for that matter anyway that dont have 2.25 inlet.

do i need to buy a 2.5 to 3.0 y pipe and have the inlet of the y pipe quarter of an inch bigger?

kind regards

Damien

Edited by vaneel

yeah, ive not seen any under £320 :( i only got rear and mid last time. was looking at a quick £150 job just to get me by short term, but even OEm ones come up as either 2.25 - 2.5 or 2.5 - 3.0, either one wont fit.

can anyone confirm is a 2.5 will mate up with a 2.25 ok without any leak problems?

Edited by vaneel

yeah, ive not seen any under £320 :( i only got rear and mid last time. was looking at a quick £150 job just to get me by short term, but even OEm ones come up as either 2.25 - 2.5 or 2.5 - 3.0, either one wont fit.

can anyone confirm is a 2.5 will mate up with a 2.25 ok without any leak problems?

Try a PM (private message) to Mitz at the Cougar Store. He should be able to help one way or another with advice.

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/94-cougar-store/

http://cougarstore.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_10&products_id=112&zenid=bcaa60565806895c2c0f2d2ff1b32aee

Your other option is to take the car to a custom exhaust manufacturer. Somewhere like "Longlife" will be able to make you a custom Y-pipe to fit which I'd imagine would be well within your budget.

I had a complete Cat to back exhaust system made at Longlife for a Civic Type R some years ago and it was £300 for everything including fitting.

One in West Thurrock, Essex ~ Link: http://www.longlife.co.uk/depots/stainless-steel-exhauts-west-thurrock/

:thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...