Anyone manage to fit a child seat??

ersen.o

ive been trying for ages, the manual gives instructions for it etc but is my car not capable at all of turning off the airbag??

plz help its driving me crazy

oh its a font facing 9months plus seat im using

ive read a few posts on here where people are happily using child seats in their zeds but is this even safe?

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/68967-forward-facing-child-seat-in-a-350z-anyone-have-one/page__hl__%2Bchild+%2Bseat

Edited by ersen.o

I always thought front facing child seats you were ment to leave the air bag on ...... And if its a rear facing seat and you can't switch off the air bag then this is not allowed .....

Think you are correct. I've read several different articles saying that the passenger seat has a pressure sensor (with regards to weight) as to if the airbag will go off or not. Not sure if this is true or not...

http://www.courtesyparts.com/pdf/2008-Nissan-350Z.pdf

i think airbags have to be switched off up to a certain age

but i think more the problem is that with my wifes civic once i fully pull the seatbelt out, wrap the baby seat in and then let it roll back in and tighten it up, if i then try to again pull the seatbelt it doesnt let me as it locks the baby seat in

the 350z is meant todo the same thing as the manual says but it doesnt, once i lock the seat in i can freely pull the seatbelt again