Severn Bridge TAG/Locations

Hi, I'm a new member here. I have just purchased a TAG to go across the Severn Bridge. Only problem is it's a horrible, hearing aid beige colour, and is massive. Doesn't discreetly tuck away behind the mirror like they suggest it might.

Given that, through work, I end up parking in less than ideal locations at the best of time, I also don't want to attract any more attention than is necessary with this massive beige object visible through my windscreen. Has anyone here got any knowledge about how these tags work/their range, or anywhere on the car I could stick it. It's a convertible if that's any help. I've already tried putting it in the bit of mesh in the passenger footwell, that didn't seem to work.....

Sorry for such a banal first topic, I just would like to know!

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

Just had a look at those...

tag_in_car.jpg

Not the greatest car mod, :dry::lol: ...but necessary for you I'm sure.

Just been reading the blurb on these as well.

The TAG is an electronic device, which fixes to the windscreen. As you approach the Toll Lane a scanner will read the TAG and, provided your account is in credit you will be able to drive through practically without stopping. The system records your journeys and debits your account automatically.

From the sound of that it will need to be placed on your windscreen.

You could try contacting them to see what they say though about mounting it somewhere more discreet.

Link: contact us on 01454 633522 or email tag@severnbridge.co.uk.

:thumbs:

Yikes, I didn't expect this level of detailed, well researched response! Thanks! Considering I've spent most of my life either sitting it out in Pistonheads :yawn: , or on the Mercedes or Jaguar owners club, I genuinely didn't expect such a warm welcome. I've never considered 'participating' in a scene before, but you might just have changed my mind....!

Edited by ThreeHundredandFiftyZed
  • Like 1

Yikes, I didn't expect this level of detailed, well researched response! Thanks! Considering I've spent most of my life either sitting it out in Pistonheads :yawn: , or on the Mercedes or Jaguar owners club, I genuinely didn't expect such a warm welcome. I've never considered 'participating' in a scene before, but you might just have changed my mind....!

You're lucky, It's late and GrahaM likes to go round at night being the only nice member here ;)

Wait til the morning before the banter begins :p

:welcome:

Edited by grundy225
  • Like 1