New headunit advice

duudiz

Morning all, I have a standard 2005 uk GT model with sat nav (if it makes any difference)

Ideally I would of liked a nice double din touch screen unit but for my 10 minute commute I can not justify one.

I would like a nice standard sleek looking unit and my only requirements are -

- nice flush clean design

- minimal cheap looking flashing lights

- iPhone 6 support is a definite

- usb charging

- single cd

- steering wheel controls to remain usable

dab tuner would be a bonus but I want to spend under £150 so I don't even know if that's possible.

Thanks guys

Edited by duudiz

Morning,

I think your going to struggle to get a double din for £150 including cables and fitting etc.

It cost me about £60-£70 for the double din facia, the cabling to get the bose speakers to work with my pioneer head unit and patch lead so the steering wheel controls worked. I got all these off InCarTec.co.uk.

After you have bought the above, it means you have only got roughly £80-90 to spend on the HU. I doubt you will get anything amazing for that money to be honest.

I'd suggest saving up for another month and getting something that you will appreciate and has everything you need.

I only live 3 miles away from my work but I upgraded my HU to a Pioneer AVH X8500BT and its worth every penny I spent. One of the best mods IMO :)

I bought this for £100 at halfords, bit flashy lighty but you can set it to just 1 colour:

Bought the cabling off car audio cost me £44 all steering works etc.. not sure about the iphone6 but the ipod control works even with steering wheel controls.