dipping clutch pedal bad noises

popeacute

welll something is up not sure what trying to get an idea of what might be wrong.

clutch pedal in mornings started to make whiny noises when changing gear but after 10 mins it goes away this started happening a few days ago.

now sitting at idle normal ticking over noises, but when i press the clutch in im getting squeaking belt noise, grinding a bit, the engine dips in revs, sound like a bag of spanners.

clutch on way out? maybe something else that's attached to pulleys?

Sounds like the spigot bush could be worn you will only hear this when clutch pedal is dipped when the clutch is up the spigot is redundant .few other z owners reported squeaky belts over the winter worth having a look.

• Like 2

ta, think ill just have to through it in to mech and hope he's honest...

Definitely a good idea to get a mechanic to look at it I'd say especially if you're worried.

The thing is if it is the clutch release bearing as I suspect then to replace it you will need the gearbox off etc so that's going to be expensive.

If you do need to get the bearing replaced and your clutch/flywheel are old or worn then it's best to get them changed at the same time rather than have to pay the labour again if/when the clutch goes in the future.

The bearing though could last thousands of miles before it finally goes, ...you'll know when it goes as your clutch pedal will more than likely just go to the floor & you won't be able to select gears.

If you do need a clutch/flywheel/bearing etc then don't forget Clark Motorsport, Tarmac Sportz, TORQEN etc on here can all help for more than likely less than the price of OEM equipment from Nissan. ;)

Still let your mechanic have a look and see what he says ~ always difficult to diagnose problems over the net just described by noises/feelings.

• Like 1

Sounds like the spigot bush could be worn you will only hear this when clutch pedal is dipped when the clutch is up the spigot is redundant .few other z owners reported squeaky belts over the winter worth having a look.

Had exactly this last year, spigot bush changed and problem solved.
  • Like 1

damn it...there goes any upgrades i was going to get in the next few months...

cheers for info

It's a nuisance & expensive too but you could always put in some upgrade clutch parts ~ for example, if you can put up with a little extra noise by ditching the DMF and going to a lightweight flywheel instead that will improve your acceleration, ...only marginally but still a worth while thing to do imo. ;)

Plus once it's all done at least you won't have to worry about it going just randomly one day. I'm still on my standard clutch and with my Zed being supercharged as well I'm just waiting for the thing to give out on me one day. :surrender::dry::lol:

• Like 1