Fuel system pressure

richard.hezlett

I am thinking of doing the "inaccurate fuel gauge reading" fix while my seats are away being refurbished. I wanted to know if the fuel system would still be pressurised after the car being sitting idle for 2-3 weeks. I'd remove the fuel pump fuse ( does anyone know which fuse box it's in ). I don't want the bother of resetting air bag lights for the seats if I turn the engine over to release the pressure. Thank for reading.

Are you taking fuel amount or fuel pressure? fuel pressure is not held for more than a minute or two after switching off the engine.

Just fuel pressure. Fuel gauge reading very inaccurate so I was planning on carrying out the forum guide which involves removing the 2 sender units from the fuel tank. Am I right in saying that if the car has been sitting idle for a while there should be no pressure on the tank? Perhaps taking off the fuel cap would also release any pressure in the tank.