Replaced window motor and nothing?

nels0n

Hi guys,

Bit stumped here, bought the car knowing motor was shot. Yesterday playing around I banged the door and heard the motor move, me being hasty arsed around and the window dropped and stayed dropped!!

So today I took a smack in the face with a second hand motor and the door panel with frame for £100...

Took all the panel off, swapped motor...nothing? Thought can't be two duff ones, took it out of the wire spool/winding thing and both motors worked with just power in them. So I thought it must be that window mount part so swapped that and seemed to work, replaced everything and nothing again??

Am missing something lol?

Thanks in advance.

Craig

Fuse blown?

I dont think its this mate as i just plugged both motors into the harness on their own and they both worked without issues.

Does the motor even try when it is mounted?

Sounds like the mechanism is jamming - although you have changed it and the motor.

It sounds like its struggling to be honest, could it be the winding thing that attaches on the motor? ive changed that whole window mount thing surely two arent shot! i have read somewhere about reseting motors if you change them?

Yup - you need to reset them after you change them but that is to get them to go all the way up and down correctly, when I have changed the they still move when you press the button, then reset to get the amount they move up correct.

It's got to be something sticking - the window should move freely when the motor is not attached.

Hmm ill dismantle it all again later, im abit confused whats happening, as i said when i had both motors just wired to the harness they were fine so i havent blown £100 for nothing!

It seems to be the actual sliders perhaps, shall i give them a grease up or something?