Engine ticking

Neoncypher

Hi guys,

I know this topic has come up before, but I've never found a thread with any kind of closure, or with my exact circumstances, so please excuse me if this has been discussed before.

I noticed a ticking coming from behind my engine a few weeks ago. It's not overly loud, and I can only hear it with the bonnet open, but it was annoying me nonetheless, so I did some research and read a lot of threads and came across people saying it could be the fuel pressure regulators. I felt them both to see if they pulsed in time with the engine tick, and it felt like the passenger one did exactly that, so I ordered one from Zmanalex (excellent as always), and with some trepidation, replaced it myself.

To my dismay, this didn't get rid of the ticking. I have uploaded a video of the sound as it is now, with the passenger fuel pressure regulator replaced:

Does anyone have any ideas? Should I replace the driver's side (primary?) fuel pressure regulator? Is it noisy injectors? Will this ticking, whatever it is, cause any damage or be indicative of previous damage?

I should add that my oil level is fine, and the oil was replaced only a few thousand miles ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

If it isn't broken, don't fix it. It seems you are running the risk of throwing new parts at your car in the hope that something gets fixed.

Unless there are some negative symptoms I would put up with it and save your hard earned cash.