installing a android based car stereo

chrisrowsell

Hi. I really would like to get some opinions on fitting one of these fan dabby dosey android based car stereo in place of the standard Bose unit.

I'm asking for advice as I am not able to find out for myself what lies behind the car interior panels as I am disabled.

First question is if the standard Bose unit is removed. Will I be left with a standard 2 din car stereo opening or will I need to get some adaptors etc.

Will the subwoofer feed be connected by way of the standard iso socket / plug. Or will I need a unit with a dedicated subwoofer feed output.

If I install a reversing camera, would it be connected to the reversing light for its power feed.

And lastly is there anyone out there who's done this before and can advise me to a particular unit, I'm looking for a middle to high end unit with good cpu of at least dual core 1.6Ghz. It needs to be a unit with built-in GPS navigation preferably and have at least 8Gb of storage.

I look forward to any advice and comments.

Have a look through my build thread linked in signature below.

You will need a fascia surround adapter and ISO harness adapter and a few more bits. It's no easy task, but I'm so glad I did it now. Sounds miles better and I've got satnav too now :)

• Like 1

Seen it now Steve, I was viewing In the mobile view and it doesn't show the link. It looka nice Steve, did you have any issues with the depth of the unit as they look deep.

No issues with the depth of the unit at all. I also installed the GPS receiver up behind it too, rather than having it out on display.

great cheers Steve, I'm gonna get and order one now that I know it's gonna fit. I thought the GPS receiver had to be put on a window

Nope. I think you're led to believe that, but I have fitted quite a few of the android units now in various cars and have always hidden the receiver and it works fine. Also get yourself a reversing camera and an extension microphone to fit to the A pillar. Best to install all this whilst you have it apart :)