Alarm 'chirp' on UK 350Z?

muckyman

Hi all

am I correct in thinking that on the UK 350z, the alarm doesn't 'chirp' on locking/unlocking?

I've seen some instructions for a JDM/US spec car where it can be switched between silent and chirping, but don't think theres anything in my UK handbook on it.

Is it possible?

ta

Michael

I have just been out to the car and tried the 'Hold both buttons on key fob for 2 secs' procedure that is documented on the American sites. I had to hold mine for about 5 secs though. Whilst it does seem to switch some setting in the alarm ( indicator flashes confirm this), it seems that the horn is not connected to the alarm.

If you wanted to take this further, then I'm sure after looking at the electrical schematics, you could attach a sound output to it.

I have just been out to the car and tried the 'Hold both buttons on key fob for 2 secs' procedure that is documented on the American sites. I had to hold mine for about 5 secs though. Whilst it does seem to switch some setting in the alarm ( indicator flashes confirm this), it seems that the horn is not connected to the alarm.

If you wanted to take this further, then I'm sure after looking at the electrical schematics, you could attach a sound output to it.

What you've done is changed it from pressing unlock button to open both doors or just drivers door (or vice versa).

• Like 1

What you've done is changed it from pressing unlock button to open both doors or just drivers door (or vice versa).

Hahaha :) OK cheers for that

Just tried again and nope Steve nothing the only flashing I get is when I lock/unlock holding both buttons for any amount of time and nothing happens? Can only unlock passenger side if I press the button twice within a couple of seconds otherwise only the drivers side unlocks.Funny how a lot of UK spec Zeds have different things that work from one another? :headhurt:

annoyingly you cant do it with the earlier zeds... im constantly locking and unlocking doors, as my fiancé always pulls the handle just as I unlock her side, so have to relock and unlock again! Honestly, do I really need the ability to drive along with the passenger side locked? has anyone ever heard of anyone carjacking someone in this way in this country? stupid American grand theft auto prevention!

I installed a audible sounders into my indicated lights on my 04 Z. Not so much for locking/unlocking (although it's very handy to hear the sound as I walk away and know the doors are locked) but because my left turn indicator doesn't seem to cancel on anything but a full 90 deg turn.

Had some near misses because of this so now I can hear if it doesn't cancel. Can get a bit of a pain if indictors are on for any length of time though.