Headlight loom/harness

Ceejay29

Does anybody have a wiring diagram for the JDM non HID loom? I intend on converting the car to 8 pin instead of fudging around with the headlight as its all too fiddly at this end.

From research I have found;

"03 non-HID

(This is looking into the plug on the headlight)

6 Pins labeled like below

1 2 3

4 5 6

1 - Black (Ground for Low and High Beams)

2 - Light Green (Positive for High Beam)

3 - Green\Black (Positive for Turn Signal)

4 - Red (Positive for Low Beam)

5 - Green\White (Positive for Parker lights)

6 - Black (Ground for Parkers and Turn Signal)

D159F1C8-FAE4-4DC4-A451-72A2848BF120_zpskbub3nte.jpg

Now If we look at the cars loom/harness you can see that the wires are a freaking different colour! Surely I can simply match each wire up in order to figure out their purpose as it all clips together one way?

499FD65F-2248-4E86-9B9D-6B1D0989CB40_zpsmumc2uit.jpg

Now for the 06 Bi-Xenon Pin out

(This is looking into the plug on the headlight)

8 Pins labeled like below

1 2 3 4

5 6 7 8

1 - Black (Ground for Low and High Beams)

2 - Light Green (Positive for High Beam)

3 - Green\Black (Positive for Turn Signal)

4 - Red (unknown)

5 - Black (Ground for Parkers and Turn Signal)

6 - Red (Positive for Low Beam)

7 - Green\White (Positive for Parker lights)

8 - Blue (unknown)

As long as I match up the function of each wire could I be right in assuming everything should work? The two unknown wires must be for the self levelling feature of which the JDM doesn't have, therefore they would become obsolete.

Or should I just save myself the hassle and put the BiXenons up for sale....might throw in a whole car too!

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

• Like 1

Not sure for the Z I had the Skyline 350GT, but from what I remember its only the high beam that's HID/xenon, and I would suspect that the two extra wires are tied into the CAN bus system, so if connecting to the earlier headlights they may not be needed, so I would have thought that if the others are matched up, in theory it should work.

• Like 1

I will be doing the same thing, headlights on mine are a little bit worse than having wee willy winky running in front of me!! So watching this with interest - to be honest though, I probably won't takle it myself, unless you make it look easier! :D - I talked it through with my Indy recently - the different pin out/plug etc and likley to be a problem!? .. he said nope, just splice and dice :D .. no help whatsoever I know, but it looks like it's pi55in you off! = I'd chuck it at someone else with some £ .... (I did spend some time having a google for you too)

Though as you are where you are, what's the worst that could happen matching them up - Pop a fuse or two if wrong or just won't work!? ...

(not meant as that might read, I'm awesome at taking things apart ONLY)

As for the other two wires - self levelling for sure, isn't there wash on UK ones too? ...

J

• Like 1

Has to be self levelling; the washer connection is totally seperate to the headlight.

Going to get an autoelectrician to carry out the work as I do not have any electrical experience. Plus I'm not sure how to distinguish each functioning wire for sure. Could do with a wiring diagram for JDM and UK

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally hooked these beauties up today Jud, autoelectrician made easy work if it. Had to relocate some of the wires within the connector but was really straight forward. Simply a case of soldering and connecting it all up. Ended up taking around two hours. Really chuffed :teeth:

• Like 1