Help! Window stuck down after trying to fix motor

bigjackb

hold the switch up, bang the door panel whilst pulling up on the glass. although this does require a third hand, or a mate!

I think the door card might be off? 'Trying to fix motor'

Need a bit more information on what's going on? I'm guessing it wasn't working, so you took the door card off and tried to clean the window motor?

Sorry guys I have the door cards off and motor out tried to replace the brushes on it after seeing a guide online. Clearly I'm not very good with electrics as it still doesn't seem to be working. When I have tried to put the motor back in the window now sits about 2 inches from where it should and I can't see how to reposition it. Thanks.

I'm just a bit confused on the situation..

My issue I had and fixed was - Window wasn't working. I used to bang the door card and it would work, until one day I let go all the way down and wouldn't go back up.

So I took the door card off, took the motor out, and cleaned up the coil and the brushes - The contact was minimal, but after a good clean it seemed to work.

I then wired it up, to test both windows worked, which they did, I then lined the window back up and put it all back together :)

So does your NEW motor not work at all?

I haven't got a new motor I tried to replace the brushes in the old one..which failed.

My problem now is that I need to order a motor but until then I need the window closed.

How do you realingn the window? As it will not stay fully up.

I haven't got a new motor I tried to replace the brushes in the old one..which failed.

My problem now is that I need to order a motor but until then I need the window closed.

How do you realingn the window? As it will not stay fully up.

Ah that's a different problem then, I.e. motor not functioning at all - As I could align mine as the motor was working to stabalise it.

I'd just tape and bag it up for now until a new motor arrives.