No sound from BOSE CD Player but Radio ok?

notfub

I have just re-installed my BOSE audio and while the CD player operates perfectly, I have no sound at all (worked perfectly when removed 2 years ago). Only the CD player is effected as the radio works fine.

Just want to confirm that this is a "normal" BOSE CD issue and not something unique?

Thanks,

Dean

depending on where it was stored, perhaps there is some condensation on the laser lens?

It had been stored in a cupboard at home, so apart for a little surface dust, should be moisture free.

It's been in the car since Saturday and I only used the CD player today, just tested the radio previously, so any condensation should have cleared.

The BOSE reads the CD tracks and you can ffwd, move to the next track just fine (with seconds elapsed showing etc), just no sound (even with volume at max).

Think I'm now resigned to re-installing my Alpine for the new owner (my car is currently for sale).

I had that issue with mine... CD Player not working, sometimes would intermittently work, but other than that, no sound at all. Radio was always fine.

I did solve it, but it was quite expensive.

I bought a Pioneer touch screen. Really helped with the issue.

• Like 1

Ok so how stupid do I feel....

Got home, popped in an original CD (not a duff copy) and bingo, sound is back. B) Seems the copy CD I grabbed on the way out of the house this morning was to blame. :blush: This worked fine in my Alpine unit but not in the BOSE.

Happy days ;)