Fitting side steps/diffusers and pairing with a front lip

JoshC

I already have some of the side diffusers ready to go on my 370, so firstly just wondering if there is a guide to fitting them?

What will I need? Is it some of the 3M tape (anyone have a link) AND some self tapping screws in the predrilled holes? If I do screw it into the sills will I need to do anything to prevent the bare metal exposed by the screws from rusting? (that may be a stupid question :blush:)

Second query, has anyone ever fitted the side diffusers without fitting a new front lip? In my head I think it'll need something on the front to balance it out and match the height of the side diffusers? I'm tempted by a few front lips but nothing is quite spot on for me and I've already pestered Tarmac about some options but for now I think I just want to wrap the existing centre bit and fangs in gloss black!

Any help as I'm very indecisive! :dry::)

• Like 1

Needs one of my new lips ;)

I would use tiger seal and self tappers for the sides :thumbs:

:teeth: Yeah I'm thinking that's my best option when they're ready :) Just wondering if I can get away with fitting the diffusers before I fit a lip :blush:

Cool, cheers mate! And no issues about having to protect the drilled holes from rusting?

Edited by JoshC

In regards to the rusting.

A tip from big Ed China:

Get a spray can of your colour and spray the paint into the lid, use a cotton bud dipped into the paint and rub all over the edges to prevent rust appearing.

:thumbs:

Very good advice! Already have a can of Le mans blue so will give that a go! Cheers mate :)

• Like 1