New clutch, flywheel and slave fitted = amazing !

maddog1982

Had all the above fitted yesterday and it's like a different car! No more nearly smashing my knee in my face letting the clutch out, no more judder, no more sticking pedal. If your thinking of doing it, get it done, the car drives so much better for it. Before it felt hard work to drive, now it's a pleasure. Very happy man and big thanks to Pete at Demon Performace for fitting it.

• Like 1

Had all the above fitted yesterday and it's like a different car! No more nearly smashing my knee in my face letting the clutch out, no more judder, no more sticking pedal. If your thinking of doing it, get it done, the car drives so much better for it. Before it felt hard work to drive, now it's a pleasure. Very happy man and big thanks to Pete at Demon Performace for fitting it.

How much did all that cost you if you do not mind telling.

Keith B)

I agree, I had the same done to mine (dual mass), feels loads better. I still adjusted my clutch pedal a few times though, I think I got a bit OCD over it. I've got it perfect for me now though, never think about it where as when I first I got the car, I hated the clutch.

How much did all that cost you if you do not mind telling.

Keith B)

I bought the bits in stages, I reckon im about 800 - 900 into it now including fitting. It cost me 220 plus VAT to be fitted.

Single or Dual Mass Fly Wheel?

Dual

Was your clutch pedal heavy before and now nice and effortless?

It was frankly bloody awful, it was so high the biting point, I adjusted it down and this was good for about 1000 miles and after it then started to fail to return all the way out. There was no snap when you let the clutch out, it felt like it was dragging for 1-2 seconds before the clutch was fully engaged and you could get on the power. Hard shirts the car would constantly over rev. Now it feels more firmer to press down and feels like it wants to push my leg back up to release the clutch. The gear change is instant, it bites straight away. The car feels quicker as it gets on the power a lot sooner. Its made the car go from a complete misery in heavy traffic (the hotter it got the worse it would shudder) to a real pleasure, I cant stop smiling when I drive it now. Heal and toeing it now has become a lot easier too.

Edited by maddog1982
  • Like 2