Lamba sensors

sy8ts

Bloody hell!!! Jacked the car up today and had a look, somebody has actually snipped the wires!!!!!! Both sides,!, don't know how long it's been like this as it been off the road for a few years and been in storage,

Why the hell would anybody do that? It's surely been like that since I bought it, I bought the car tested in 2010 with mot, moved away n stored the car I a secure warehouse, so wasn't done there,

Laugh is I just had it tested and it sailed through as the emissions machine was broke that day, I'm a bit concerned now though as this could have been done for god knows what reason , on the plus side, it doesn't use oil, water or anything else and is low miles, just can't understand why 1 somebody would do this & 2nd what effect it's had,

And you passed the MOT with CEL lights on?

Fronts are a little cheaper but backs are more precise and more costly. Most likely its what Ricky said and they cut them hoping to stop the CEL.

That code is a bank 1 sensor 2 heater element so that's the nearside rear I believe. The trouble is that lambda codes can be the symptom of a problem elsewhere so first things first roughly wire them back in and try again. And then try cross-wiring them. If you get the same error but for the other bank then you know the lambda probably is the issue after all.

If you need some replacement that Clarke Motorsports are a good choice as they understand that the front and back lambdas are not the same.

Its both the rears/post cat, cut flush at the sensor & multi plug, is that Clark motorsport in Kintore/Aberdeen?

I can get the light to switch off with my code reader & stays off for a day or too, passed the test as the emissions machine boke down mid test,,

Its both the rears/post cat, cut flush at the sensor & multi plug, is that Clark motorsport in Kintore/Aberdeen?

I can get the light to switch off with my code reader & stays off for a day or too, passed the test as the emissions machine boke down mid test,,

You can run the engine without these, you will have a constant CEL, I ran mine without, as I had wide-bands fitted,

And I could live monitor all engine functions via ECU data-scan so I would know if any other CELs appeared, so it could be a pain having CEL on all the time