(Suddenly) taking the zed to the mainland, What needs doing

ByteJuggler

Hello fellow zedders,

Hoping for some advice from you who've been abroad with their Zed's. We got some tickets for the rugby in France this weekend :bounce: and have decided to drive down, so I've got to get all the neccesary bits organised post-haste. Not having done that before, can someone who have done it before give me the lowdown on what to do and what to watch out for. I think I need to get some traffic triangles and first aid kit etc (what exactly), and make sure I'm covered by my insurance for the period I'm there. What else? GB sticker on the number plate?

All advice gratefully received!

There are several sites, including the AA etc that detail exacty what you need, however from memory;

1. Warning Triangle (Soooo much cheaper in Tesco!)

2. Yellow Vests (good idea anyway)

3. First Aid Kit (Again, Tesco is far cheaper than anywhere else)

4. Bulbs (that don't cover everything, but IIRC it's kit number H7)

It's worth checking the guidelines, as the requirements are different for each country. Also, a lot of stuff is recommended as opposed to mandatory.

Aside from that, it's plain sailing really. :)

K.

Ps. It would be rude not to stop at the Ring, you know you want to :D

Thanks for that however, I have 2 more questions:

1.) Do I need to do anything about my headlights (shouldn't one adjust them to account for the righ vs. left side of the road driving etc.?)

2) Can anyone confirm that my 2006 model Zed with DVD maps which appears like it may support multiple countries (having a greyed out country selector) actually contains European maps (and that it will allow me to select French destinations, presumably once on the mainland?)

Thanks!

Re headlights, I have never put the adapters on any of the cars I have taken over to France as I don't want the sticky mess, but, they can and will do you for it! I keep mine in the glovebox and hope to get away with the 'ever soooo sorry mr nice policemen but I meant to put them on but forgot, but look here they are in my glovebox and I will do it now'! Would 2nd Kuro's suggestions.