fan belt squeak on cold start up

aspire5315

hi everyone,

looking for a little help, on picking up my zed from the forecourt i insisted on a new fan and aircon belt, these were fitted and i took car away, i have noticed a squeak as if the fan belt is slipping noise goes after a couple of seconds but its anoying to say the least! only on cold start up..... i have it booked into nissan this friday but was wondering if this could be rectified by myself at home?, any help please

personally i would take the extra time to jack the car up and just add a little more tension to the pulleys. Literally takes 10 mins.

I had the same issue when i fitted the new ac and aux belts on mine, fine for a few days then started squealing becasue they had stretched slightly.

For what its worth sort it properly, im sure there is a thread on here about it :thumbs:

yep found the thread, thanks! but im not confident in my mechanic skills so its booked into nissan friday...... at least i can talk as if i know what im on about as the guy behind the service desk said they were self tensioning..........

if you were closer i would have showed you how to go about doing it, glad you found the guide tho.

yep, i wouldnt believe a word the service desk guy says...

all the best for 2015!

If you can't do the belts then I'm afraid you have No mechanics skills :lol: , its easy the thread is spot on the adjustment will take 10 minutes it's getting to the adjustment that will take a little longer be interested how much your going to get stung for this :thumbs:

Getting the undertray off is easy if you know your car and the z speed will be quicker, but if it's not been off regular then there may well be broken bolts and cable ties then there's also getting the car up enough to get under either way first time is not straight forward, :thumbs:

I've got the same issue, it only makes a noise in the cold weather and only for a minute or two after start up. I've just had the belts changed.

I would like to know more about this talc method! I can see trying to get the talc just on the grooved side of the belt would be an issue.

Wouldn't WD40 do the trick.

Edited by Randy_Baton

If you can't do the belts then I'm afraid you have No mechanics skills :lol: , its easy the thread is spot on the adjustment will take 10 minutes it's getting to the adjustment that will take a little longer be interested how much your going to get stung for this :thumbs:

£20.16p for letting someone else get dirty ;)
  • Like 1