Has anyone done a driving experience at Mercedes Benz World?

twobears

I've just been to Brooklands which was fun. Went on Concorde and imagined I was really flying and saw some amazing old racing cars too. The Railton-Napier was an absolute beast! Anyway, to get to the point, I drove past the Mercedes Benz World place next door and wondered if it would be fun to have a go on one of their driving experiences. There are quite a few to choose from and all of them are very expensive so I wondered if anyone here had been and what you thought of it?

When I worked with Auto Express, I did a piece about it, where I did the haIf day, but with EVERYTHING. So did the foIIowing:

4X4 Course

Skid Pan training

Driver tuition in the C63 AMG cars

FIying Iap in the AMG SLS

And finaIIy was treated to some hot drift Iaps in the SiIver Arrows.

It wouId have been monumentaIIy expensive as a punter. I have to say, I wasn't that impressed by the C63 AMGs, quite boring I feIt. The 4x4 course was reaIIy cooI I thought! As was the SLS...

AII in aII, probabIy a bit too much money, but a pretty fun day out!

Edited by benjy88

It is scarily expensive :scare: I have done numerous 4x4 days (always corporate freebies) and I love them but don't want to pay for one! I am scared to go on the skid pan although that is probably a very good reason to actually go on it :surrender: I would like the AMG 1 hour driving but if it is not all that good then I don't want to waste my money. Maybe the SLS would be the better option? I think I am missing Mr Zedders again today :( I loved being able to drive my own car on a track. It's like horses I think, I love riding my own but am not always so keen on riding anyone else's.